Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 AM

Nope.. I was on "that" cruise. I still had fun. Remember.. we were on our return trip, so we had 3 of 4 days of our cruise and had gotten to visit Cozumel before anything happened. Then we got an extended vacation (yes I am sure there are many people who had a bad time but we weren't one of them)

Then we got the cruise for free AND another one (booked already on the Magic) plus all our expenses paid. I can't complain. It certainly won't go down in my books as a great cruise, but if you consider the adventure part of it, it wasn't bad. Think of it as combining a cruise and a camping trip into one vacation...then not having to pay for any of it.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-18-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim C. View Post
Nope.. I was on "that" cruise. I still had fun. Remember.. we were on our return trip, so we had 3 of 4 days of our cruise and had gotten to visit Cozumel before anything happened. Then we got an extended vacation (yes I am sure there are many people who had a bad time but we weren't one of them)

Then we got the cruise for free AND another one (booked already on the Magic) plus all our expenses paid. I can't complain. It certainly won't go down in my books as a great cruise, but if you consider the adventure part of it, it wasn't bad. Think of it as combining a cruise and a camping trip into one vacation...then not having to pay for any of it.
LOL!! You must be retired! I guess the media always make things sound worse than what they really are, but I still would not have wanted to be on the cruise from hell as they called it, plus $500 wouldn't be enough to cover the extra time off work. Glad you enjoyed it though because it is great to get a free cruise out of the deal!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:52 PM

Well, I'm not retired. But I do have plenty of vacation and comp time to make up the difference for the lost work. So that didn't bother me. However, it was an issue for the wife and daughter who ended up missing 4 days of school...

One persons cruise from hell is another persons "could have been worse, the ship could have sank...." Its all perspective. the biggest whiners were the teenagers who couldn't use there iPhones because they ran out of power... You would have thought the "charging stations" that were set up were handing out gold... They had assigned duties of watcher of the phones and keeper of the power strip....
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-18-2013, 06:02 PM

I am so sick of the media and how they've handled the recent situations. If you listened to them the Carnival Dream was as bad as the Carnival Triumph fire. The adjectives they use are nothing but embellishment to sensationalize a story. Today I read (according to media) that the people on the Carnival Triumph were eating rotten food.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Earlier today two cruise passengers on a P&O ship were shot in a robbery in Barbados. Both will survive, but still the media will likely make this out to be something the cruise line should be blamed for. I haven't researched the topic but I suspect the armed robbers of Barbados don't size up their targets based on how they arrived on the island.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim C. View Post
Well, I'm not retired. But I do have plenty of vacation and comp time to make up the difference for the lost work. So that didn't bother me. However, it was an issue for the wife and daughter who ended up missing 4 days of school...

One persons cruise from hell is another persons "could have been worse, the ship could have sank...." Its all perspective. the biggest whiners were the teenagers who couldn't use there iPhones because they ran out of power... You would have thought the "charging stations" that were set up were handing out gold... They had assigned duties of watcher of the phones and keeper of the power strip....
You are absolutely right that it could have been worse. Everyone should be thankful that it didn't sink, nor did they have to get on the rescue boats. Everyone is just out to get what they can from any bad situation. You know how it gets bottle necked and very crowded during the time when self checkers are leaving the ship, well when we were leaving the Conquest on Sunday there was a lady filming everyone in line and while she was filming it she was saying "this is a fire hazard", etc., etc. and that she is gong to turn it into the media, etc., etc. I wanted to say "lady, I am sure it is due to the fact that there are a lot of folks down here whose floor has not been called". Whatever, like I said, anything to try and get something for nothing!!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneman View Post
when we were leaving the Conquest on Sunday there was a lady filming everyone in line and while she was filming it she was saying "this is a fire hazard", etc., etc. and that she is gong to turn it into the media, etc., etc.
I would have asked her if she was an accredited member of the media shooting video with Carnival's permission, and if not did she have signed releases from everyone she was filming since her purpose was to publish the images.

Seriously, the Coast Guard is well aware of the cattle round-ups that happen on self-debarkation. If they had a problem with it, the cruise lines would have to stop doing it.

Tags
carnival, conquest, cruise, dream, issues, management, operations, plan, problem, problems, public, relations, reviews, ship, yesterday