Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Cover Balcony on the Dream (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/39587-cover-balcony-dream.html)

Boneman 03-17-2013 10:04 PM

Cover Balcony on the Dream

Hello! We booked a cove balcony on the Dream. We are right under the atrium on the second floor. This seems like it will be really cool being so close to the water on your deck. We booked this while on the Conquest and the guy making the reservations for us said this was a much better spot than under the galley. Has anyone been in these cabins? If so, how did you like them and is it noisy being right under the atrium? Thanks!

Jim C. 03-18-2013 07:02 AM

No you will be good. You DON'T want to be under the galley... that would be much noisier than the atrium. When they are preparing breakfast in the morning ..you will be sleeping... or trying to. Carts and things being moved around on the floors above you is not a good thing.

billybuzzy 03-18-2013 02:27 PM

We booked a Cove Balcony aboard the Carnival Dream for Her Inaugural American Cruise out of NYC....We ran into the tail end of Hurricane Irene (I believe that was her name)...the seas were rough and the winds were awesome....We loved the way the ship rode it out and ended up simply adoring the Cove blacony.....You are going to enjoy the ship!!

Bon Voyage,
BillyBuzzy

Boneman 03-18-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billybuzzy (Post 297902)
We booked a Cove Balcony aboard the Carnival Dream for Her Inaugural American Cruise out of NYC....We ran into the tail end of Hurricane Irene (I believe that was her name)...the seas were rough and the winds were awesome....We loved the way the ship rode it out and ended up simply adoring the Cove blacony.....You are going to enjoy the ship!!

Bon Voyage,
BillyBuzzy

Good to hear!! Thanks for sharing! Did you get sea spray on the balcony from being that low? What did you like best about it?

billybuzzy 03-18-2013 07:48 PM

As they say in the real estate business: Location!!!! Location!!!! Location!!! The Shielding provided by the Cove Design was perfect for the weather!! Some of the NCL ships (The Dawn and the Jewel Classes) offer similar type of shielding (on higher decks)...they are great for cruising out of Northern ports in cold or inclement weather and they offer more shade in sunnier climates. The view is not compromised!!

BillyBuzzy

PS There was spray all the way up to the Lido Deck in the Hurricane!!! Quite a voyage!!! We'd do it again aboard the Carnival Dream!!!

billybuzzy 03-19-2013 02:28 PM

Boneman......The Hurricane I was referring to was Hurricane Ida and not Irene in my earlier post. Ida was a November 2009 Storm.....Sorry for the error!!

BillyBuzzy