Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 06:23 PM

Arrow How low will Carnival prices go?
I have been watching the prices and this sale they have that ends tomorrow is really a good price...... Do you think they will go any lower? I heard on one of the news stations they are worried about bookings. I had a friend that is booked to go out on June 1st call and they gave her an additional discount, 6 upgrades and $400 on board credit not to cancel. We have 3 kids and are on a teachers salary.... so the big nice ships are out of the question, LOL.....
Also, do I need to get pasports and where is the best place to go to read about everything I need to do BEFORE booking and before we get there. I don't know where to even start!

Thanks for any input.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:44 AM
Well if you go to Carnival's website on the first page look at Plan & Book, when you get the drop down look to your right and you will see FAQ's and Embarkcation Documentatin. Lots of all the imformation you need. Passports are not needed if you are on a closed loop, meaning leaving and returning to the same Caribbean Port. However if you need to fly home for an emergency or any reason you can't without a passport. I would think you could certainly book now and if the prices go down they would honor them if you have not made finally payment. Have fun planning !!

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 03-28-2013, 05:15 AM

Hmmm....I think I am missing something here....I believed the only way Carnival guarantees the lowest price or gives price drop differences back....is if you booked EARLY SAVER...if carnival honors all price drops....I'm looking forward to a free cruise!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 AM

Good day. You would be stupid not getting passports!!! Why don't people wake up and just get passports like we do. If your ship become disable and you have to get home by plane, you are out of luck. It should be the law that everyone needs a passport.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooddon View Post
Good day. You would be stupid not getting passports!!! Why don't people wake up and just get passports like we do. If your ship become disable and you have to get home by plane, you are out of luck. It should be the law that everyone needs a passport.
I never would have thought of that. I just looked at passports and it seems there are so many kinds. This is probably the only time we will ever use one, does it matter which one we get? Some of them are really pricey! Thanks so much, you guys have already helped me so much!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:21 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by so many passports. If you are a US citizen there is one passport book. Unless you are talking about the option to get the "passport card". You want the passport book which is $110 plus an execution fee of $25 if it is your first passport. The passport card that you can also get as an option can't be used for flying to or from a foreign country. If you are driving from the US to Mexico or Canada you can use the passport card. Some people like to get the passport card with their passport book to use the card as identification when they go ashore from a cruise and they leave their actual passport books locked in the safe.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Administrator

It helps sometimes if people would look at the passport price as being just around $11 a year since they are good for 10 years. I think it is just a matter of time before the 'closed loop' exemption goes away and passports are required for all cruises - which is what they should have done to begin with.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Amen to that; just think of all the confusion and explanations that could have been saved.

Tags
carnival, cruise, days, low, lower, price, prices, ships