Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM
DavePhillij
I've sailed the fantasy twice and stayed in Charleston both times parking at the cruise port. I found the parking price reasonable and less than if I had parked at the hotel . Of course I was at the Mills House, not a cheap place and the parking is in the general parking lot. If you have some time in Charleston there are great things to do. It's a wonderful city. Take a horse carrage tour, very nice. If you can take a boat ride to ft Sumpter do that. There was a great Fish Restrauant I wish I could remember it.

I'm sure you will love the Fantasy. A smallish ship but all the more fun for it. Have a blast and don't miss the big production shows. Be on deck when you leave port and see the battleship docked across the bay.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:53 AM

Default The begining , Welcome
Hi Cruiser : Welcome aboard.
I wil l say one thing for this site in comparison to others I'm on. this a really friendly and posttive site and posters give very good advice. As a Carnival cruiser we have 7 cruises with the line. We are in our 60's and yes there age line difference. Usually the cruisers are made up all age groups from babies to 80 year olds . Yes Carnival has got alot flack lately . Just listen to what many have said here, open mind , relax and enjoy . This could be your first vacation of many . It was for us. Happy cruising.

Southern caribbean next
challon
ncl ms norway, sun dream ms carousel, carnival victory, carnival legend, carnival valor, carnival freedom,carnival dream, carnival glory, southern caribbean caribe(in the works )
Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooddon View Post
Our travel agent has inform us that she will never book us on any Carnival cruises due to our age. We have gone on lots of cruises, but not this line. She says its nothning but a fun ship which we have heard is true from all of our friends that have gone on Carnival. If you like to have lots of fun, then this is your cruise line. We can't say anything as we have never gone on this line or never will..

I am in my mid 50's and my husband is in his 80's. We love Carnival and will not cruise with another cruise line. If you always listen to someone you will never get a chance to really explore and experience what is out there. Yes, there are times where some of the guests can get out of line, but isn't that any where? If the people in the cabin would get too loud out or out of control, I would contact guest services and let them handle it. I have enjoyed Carnival and won't switch at all. I hope you get a chance to experience at least one of the Carnival cruises so you can at least determine if you want to continue to cruise with them or not.

Need some cruise help?
------------------------------
Royal Caribbean - April 2006
Carnival Pride - May - 2008
Upcoming Cruise: Carnival Sunshine - March 2014
Old 04-24-2013, 11:24 AM

Its not only our travel agent, but we have talk to lots of people who just came off a Carnival cruise and they have all say, NEVER AGAIN!!! Lots of my co-workers have tried Carnival and they all agree upon coming back home, never again on Carnival, so sorry, we will not try this cruise line ever just because of all the negative feed back we are getting from our friends and other people. We are very happy with the lines we travel on. You are correct, there are people on every cruise ship who may get out of order and you deal with these people at the time.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:30 AM

Woodon... please do those of us who enjoy Carnival a favor(and yes I have tried other cruise lines) Please take the advise you are being given and NEVER sail on Carnival. Why would anyone want to be on something that is "nothing but a fun ship' Good gracious... no! Why would you want to have any fun on vacation.

You obviously have your mind made up that you wouldn't fit in and enjoy yourselves so you would most likely make that a self fulfilling result. Then you would turn around and complain to everyone that you "should have listened and not sailed on Carnival"

I do not see Carnival cruisers going around telling everyone who enjoy RCCL or HAL or Princess to never sail on them, but yet I see a bunch of people who have NEVER sailed on Carnival telling people exactly that based on opinions of others. it amazes me. I firmly believe a cruise is what you make it. if you get on a cruise expecting to find problems... you will.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Last edited by Jim C.; 04-26-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:52 PM
JIM C......Well Said, Our experience with passengers aboard ships of other cruise lines has, on occasion, been full of negative comments towards Carnival..........then when We have discussed it further with them We learn that they themselves have never cruised upon any Carnival ship! We now, ignore these comments, since they are usually the reult of rumor or hearsay information!! Our own experience with Carnival has always been favorable and positive. A cruise is, indeed, what You, the cruiser, makes of it! The best rule here is, I think, to cruise within Your own "Comfort Zone" which best suits Your personal lifestyle!Speak from personal experience! Plan Your Own Life and Adventures according to those experiences!Above all...keep on cruising!!!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 05-11-2013, 05:31 AM

JimC and Billy...I couldn't agree with you more! Anymore, it really bothers me to hear anyone bashing Carnival based on rumors and innuendo. A wise person would reserve judgement until after they have experienced something for themselves.

Doesn't the fact that Carnival is the world's largest cruise line mean anything? Could they really be that popular if it were as bad as all of the naysayers make it out to be?

Just food for thought.

Brad

Tags
carnival, cruise, excited, lines, packing, powered, sailing, vbulletin