Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 05:41 AM

Default Parking in ft. Lauderdale
I just thought I would throw this out there for anyone looking to park their vehicle while cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale....We used FLL PARK SAFE on Old Griffin Rd. (Thanks for the recommendation Dave) This place is absolutely AMAZING...the price was fantastic....family run business...friendliest people i ever met....flawless free drop off and pick up to and from the pier....HAVE A PIECE OF MIND LEAVING YOUR VEHICLE HERE.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Glad to hear it worked out so well!
Old 05-16-2013, 03:09 PM

Default How is Park 'N Go?
Dave...I made a reservation at PARK 'N RIDE for $5.99 a day. It seemed like a good deal. Is it a nice place? It's on the same road as the terminal.

Hope all is well with you. Going on Freedom 9/29/2013. Looking forward to it. Never been to Ocho Rios or Grand Cayman.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Administrator

You are in Arizona now?

I don't have any reports about Park 'n Ride, but clearly recall driving past their facility more than once recently. I'm sure it will be fine.

Ocho Rios....it is better now than is was a few years ago, that's for sure. The Tourist Police cracked down and set a 'no hassle' zone outside the pier terminal which at least gives cruisers some breathing room. A friend of mine owns two condos in Ocho and just returned to Philadelphia after spending several weeks in one of his condos. He obviously loves the place. I don't. But he has a standing offer to me to have one of his local friends take me around town the next time I am there and I plan to take him up on the offer.

Grand Cayman...clean, safe (probably the safest place in the Caribbean), but also a bit boring to me. Beautiful beaches and nice people. They've done wonders making a flat piece of arid sand and scrub bushes into a place to live. Do try the tours there though! Great!
Old 05-18-2013, 11:59 AM

Default Trip Tips
Thanks Dave. Great tips. I was concerned about Ocho Rios because of what we all have heard. Glad things are better.

Planning a snorkeling excursion in Grand Caymen. Heard it's good there. Haven't made up my mind about Ocho Rios. But it will have to be something involving the falls. I saw the excursion on swimming with the sharks. Hmmm. Do I have that much guts??

Yep I'm back in AZ. Haven't been cruising in a while due to bad car accident in 2008. Broke both my legs. But back on my feet now and except for a little limp, doing ok.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Grand Cayman is a mecca for snorkeling and diving.

Climbing Dunn's River Falls can be a bit of a workout if you have leg issues. This is why you really must go with a group where everyone is helping each other in a human chain. I've done it solo, many many years ago when I was 24 and in good shape. I didn't know the 'trail' the guides used and it pretty much kicked my butt. My wife and I ventured up together in 1993 on a cruise, again without a guide. Got stuck on a big rock and had to be 'rescued' by a guide. We sheepishly joined his group and tipped him well at the top. Bring along some money in a plastic bag to tuck in your trunks to tip them. Also, the guides will take cameras from everyone and take your photos at a couple places. You can trust them. They may have a dozen or more hanging around their necks! There is an annoying local market at the top that you have to walk through to get to the buses and taxis. No way around it. But doing the falls is something I suggest to everyone going to Ocho.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:19 PM

Thumbs up Port tips
Thanks Dave. As always, great advice.

And by the way...long time ago but thanks for the tip a few years ago to take Holiday before it was retired. It was a grand old ship and I'm glad I got to go before it was gone. looking forward to Freedom. They sure are wheeling and dealing!! Need to take one more quickie before the end of the year for my 10th CCL cruise and they grandfather me into PLATINUM status.

Tags
car, carnival, cruise, cruises, fort, ft, griffin, lauderdale, lines, park, parking, princess, reviews, ride, ship