Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 06:42 PM

Default Taxi Service from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral
What taxi service do you all recommend from Orlando airport to the cruise terminal in Port Canaveral? Hope I am spelling that right. I would, of course, like to save a few dollars are there are varying amounts, but I want someone with a good reputation too. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:39 AM
Administrator

It depends. Are you flying in on the day of the cruise or a day early (and staying overnight in the Port Canaveral area)?

If it is the day of the cruise I'd buy transfers with your cruise line. They all offer shuttle service.

If a day prior to the cruise there are many choices. A cost effective and useful way is to rent a car. Avis has a drop-off at Port Canaveral (the town not the port) and they also have their own shuttle to take you from the drop-off to the ship.

Mears is a big bus operator in Orlando. Look here for phone numbers for each of the cruise lines they serve.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:31 AM

Boneman- Dave is spot on here. The rental car seems to be a viable coice depending on how many are in your party. This is because the cruise shuttle transfers are charged per person. If its just 2 of you it may be more cost effective to just buy the transfers. If you have more than that (we had four) then the rental car pickup at Orlando and drop off at Port Canaveral becomes the cheaper option. Also with the rental you are not at the mercy of the bus transfers and waiting for the bus to fill up... Normally a one way car rental is expensive, but for some reason this route is not bad. Maybe because they know that they have just as many people renting cars to go back to the airport and they don't have to worry about getting cars back to either site...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 05-24-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
It depends. Are you flying in on the day of the cruise or a day early (and staying overnight in the Port Canaveral area)?

If it is the day of the cruise I'd buy transfers with your cruise line. They all offer shuttle service.

If a day prior to the cruise there are many choices. A cost effective and useful way is to rent a car. Avis has a drop-off at Port Canaveral (the town not the port) and they also have their own shuttle to take you from the drop-off to the ship.

Mears is a big bus operator in Orlando. Look here for phone numbers for each of the cruise lines they serve.
Yes, we are flying in the day of. Thanks for your advice.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:19 PM

If you're flying in the day of, then I second Dave's recommendation of using the cruise line shuttle. It's reasonable compared to a taxi or private shuttle service. Just call your travel agent, or whoever you booked the cruise through, and ask to add the transportation to the pier from the airport.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 05-26-2013, 07:57 PM

How long of a bus ride is it to the port from Orlando airport?
Old 05-27-2013, 01:13 AM

It's approximately 45 minutes.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:34 PM
I've used Orlando Taxi service (orlandotaxiservice.com), with Marty. he has a van that can carry 11 people easily with luggage, has children seats, Video and snacks. He will watch for your plane and still be ready to pick up even if you arrive late. He has several drivers. I've used him for 5 trips of one kind or another and he has always been on time and thoughtful. Even when the Glory was held at sea an Orlando Taxi driver was waiting for us when many cruisers had their taxi's leave on them. It will not be economical unless you have 4 or more.
The car rental seems llike a good idea but I just hate renting cars.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:59 PM

You'd have to make it worthwhile to rent a car. You have the hassle of getting the car, driving to the port, refilling the car with gas, dropping it off, then getting on a shuttle to the port. I've only cruised out of Port Canaveral once, but when I did, I used the shuttle provided by the cruise line, as I was just by myself.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)

Tags
airport, bus, canaveral, carnival, cruise, cruises, orlando, orlano, port, service, ships, tansportation, taxi, transfers, traveling