Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   carnival fires ad agency (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/39695-carnival-fires-ad-agency.html)

challon 06-02-2013 04:31 AM

carnival fires ad agency

Carnival Fix
One would see with all the negative news , and falling stocks , Carnival does have quite few problems. And their idea on how to fix it. Wow, fire the Ad Agency. Just maybe that might be a change in some direction . I really enjoyed the older adds sailing the seas , and others . Not all way back to Cathy lee, Perhaps bringing back their travel book . Like other cruise lines still do, might help. But seriously problems were created and decision made were at the top. Responsibility lies there. I guess it's wait and see. Think it will work?:confused:

challon:cool:

Dave 06-02-2013 07:16 AM

I saw something on Twitter yesterday where a blogger suggested many things Carnival needs to do. One suggestion is to change the corporate name from Carnival Corporation to something else so as to not confuse all the subsidiary cruise lines with Carnival Cruise Lines. The idea being when people see 'Carnival' in the news (in a bad light) they don't apply it to HAL, Princess, etc. since those lines are owned by Carnival Corporation.

macmom111 06-02-2013 06:23 PM

we were talking just the other day that we had not seen any ads for carnival on tv lately. Carnival brand is suffering right now and doing nothing isnt helping. There is alot they can do and needs to be done but doing nothing isnt the right decision.

Wheels87 06-03-2013 04:25 AM

Honestly, I don't think that the average consumer out there knows exactly what cruise lines Carnival owns.

I think that the people who pay attention because they cruise frequently understand that the recent problems with Carnival could have happened to any other line (e.g. the recent fire on the Grandeur of the Seas) and those events will not make them switch brands. The people who don't pay attention wouldn't know to avoid the other Carnival owned lines.

Just my two cents.

Brad

PC GUY 06-03-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 298499)
I saw something on Twitter yesterday where a blogger suggested many things Carnival needs to do. One suggestion is to change the corporate name from Carnival Corporation to something else so as to not confuse all the subsidiary cruise lines with Carnival Cruise Lines. The idea being when people see 'Carnival' in the news (in a bad light) they don't apply it to HAL, Princess, etc. since those lines are owned by Carnival Corporation.

There is a regular feature on CBC Radio (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) about business called "Under the Influence" which talks about interesting cases in business marketing.

Just after the Costa Concordia accident, they ran a feature about the accident, and the one critical mistake they made was that they kept calling the ship the "Carnival Concordia".