Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Orlando to port canaveral (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/39736-orlando-port-canaveral.html)

Sandylynn 07-10-2013 08:39 AM

Orlando to port canaveral

Help...thinking of taking cruise out of Port Canaveral but the cruise ends in New Orleans.ok ...fly from new Orleans back to Orlando....I need to get to port Canaveral to pick up my car! Anyone know the easiest cheapest means? Thanks a bunch

Dave 07-10-2013 11:30 AM

Either a car rental from MCO to Canaveral or shuttle bus. It really depends on the day and the time of day. Shuttles may not run from MCO to the port in the afternoon, and some of the car rental dropoffs by the port close at 4pm on weekends. I just did a dummy booking with Avis and their office for the port closes at 4pm on weekends, not sure about the others. A sub-compact one-way was ~$50.

You might be stuck with a taxi being the only option.

Cruise Fanatic 07-10-2013 11:43 AM

Try Cruise Connection. look here

Dave 07-10-2013 12:43 PM

No telling what the flight times will be on April 14, 2014, from MSY to MSO, but the current Monday flights that could be doable for a debarking cruiser all arrive at MCO at 3pm or later.

I am assuming you are looking at the repositioning cruise of Carnival Dream for April 5, 2014?

Cruise Fanatic 07-10-2013 12:53 PM

You might want to consider doing a Park & Fly (cruise) for Orlando. You could stay at the Ramada the night before the cruise for as little as $113 which would include up to 2 weeks parking. Then get a one way car rental the next morning to drive to the port for your cruise. Then when you fly back into Orlando from New Orleans you would just have to take the shuttle back to Ramada to pick up your car.

Dave 07-10-2013 01:45 PM

SandyLynn, where are you driving from on your trip to Port Canaveral? Or maybe the question should be where are you headed after you pick up the car? I ask because to me it does make more sense to leave a car in Orlando than at the port, but then I don't know what your subsequent plan is.

Sandylynn 07-12-2013 05:10 AM

Hi Dave, we are staying at my brother's home in Port Charlotte, Fla...for a few days, then to the cruise out of port can. then back to my brother's in Pt. Charlotte....

Sandylynn 07-12-2013 05:31 AM

Yes it is the repositioning cruise April 5, Dave

Dave 07-12-2013 10:23 AM

I guess it is six of one, half a dozen of the other as to where to park.

PC GUY 07-12-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 298850)
I guess it is six of one, half a dozen of the other as to where to park.

The deciding factor may be the cost of parking near the airport vs near the pier. Either way, you have a 45 minute drive to contend with. Which would you rather do, go from your car to the ship, or from your plane to the car? If it was me, I would leave the car near the airport and pick it up after my flight.