Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 AM
Administrator

Default Carnival Responds To Coast Guard Report
I just posted my article about the Carnival Splendor fire investigation and Carnival's response. You can read it here

Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I just posted my article about the Carnival Splendor fire investigation and Carnival's response. You can read it here
The report mentions that the wiring design can be a single point of failure - an Achilles' heel which seems to affect all the Fincantari built ships that are derived from the original Destiny design. This would affect both Carnival and Costa.

Carnival has acknowledged this and is spending $300 million to upgrade the affected ships - The Destiny/Sunshine, Triumph, Conquest, Splendor, Dream classes.

My question is who is spending the money? Is it just Carnival Cruise Lines, or is it across all of Carnival Corp and PLC?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Carnival Corporation will be doing the upgrades across all brands, with a cost of around $700 million. That figure includes the $300 million for Carnival Cruise Line.

They made a bigger deal about the Carnival ships because of the media attention on that brand.