Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 10:25 AM

Default Carnival vs royal
HELP! Cruised with carnival 8 times....thinking of trying royal....Any obvious differences? We always book early saver which has ALWAYS been to our advantage...loads of credits on our sign and sail card at cruising time along with upgrades....what is Royal's policy if the price drops... thanks for any help in decision making time....
Old 09-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Yes of course there will be differences but the fun is finding them out for yourself

What you have to look at in more detail is the size of ship you are comfortable with although for many the choice of itinerary far outweighs the choice of ship.

Just give it a go....I'm sure you'll enjoy the difference

If you are thinking of cruising on Independence of the Seas from the UK then you might find there are a lot more Brits on board than Americans.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Royal Caribbean does not have a booking category equivalent to Carnival's Early Saver. Although their official policy says you have 48 hours after making a booking to tell them you found the same cruise and cabin category for a lower price - which will result in an OBC equal to 110% of the price difference - if the cruise price drops before final payment my agent has always been able to get me the new fare.

However, once final payment has been made they won't change your price. They are quite firm about that, even for upper tier loyalty members. However, they might upgrade you to a better cabin, as recently happened to my friend Bill when he learned the price had dropped for his cruise after final payment had been made.

A key thing with Royal Caribbean is that an agent is often more able to get you the new fare as opposed to doing your own booking with RCI online or on the phone with their version of the Carnival PVPs.

It is no secret that Royal Caribbean is my preferred line. They simply 'suit' me best.