Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Default San Juan PR Boarding Times?
I am thinking about a cruise out of San Juan in December. I will be flying out of Buffalo NY, and I found a flight at a good price that will arrive in San Juan at 4:50pm.

I know the Valor sails at 10:00pm, but what are the boarding times for San Juan? It seems like Carnival always wants all its passengers on board 2 hours before departure, so will this flight be a problem?

Thank You.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:51 AM

Hey PC Guy. when we cruise out of San Juan we normally fly in 1 or 2 days before to relax and enjoy what the old city has to offer. We live in New England and like Buffalo NY, depending on when in December you are cruising, a snow storm could prove disastrous to the whole cruise vacation.
Either way, I'd give more time to the travel.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-07-2013, 05:33 AM

PC Guy, You should be fine pending you don't have any delays as Peter mentioned. Homeland security requires the ship to provide them a manifest of all passengers sailing 60 minutes prior to the ships departure. Carnival requires anyone to be checked in 90 minutes prior if you didn't do your registration online.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:07 AM

Well to answer your question, boarding starts about noon (sometimes a little earlier) and they let you come and go from the ship as you please until 7PM (i think.. might be 8PM) once you have your S&S card. It is great to be able to check in, drop your luggage off and then go back out and visit San Juan some more. This works great if you are staying in San Juan the day before the cruise. But your 5:40PM flight should be ok. Assuming it takes you an hour or so to collect your luggage (you won't need to go through customs in San Juan) and get a taxi to the ship. You should be on board before 8PM...

If you could get in earlier or the day before it would be better (why risk a flight delay) but if you have to take that flight it should work.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Tags
arriving, boardiing, boarding, caribbean, carnival, celebrity, cruise, flight, juan, prior, royla, san, sju, time, times, valor