Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Default Carnival's New Dining Concept To Begin
I'm not too crazy about the family style servings in every seating situation, but otherwise this is interesting. Press Release
Old 12-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Let You know how it is working (and tasting), We're scheduled out on the Carnival Inspiration as the second part of Our B2B Hawaiian/Mexico cruises in Jan/Feb!! We'll be able to compare the new "American Table " concept vs. the traditional as We move off the Miracle to the Inspiration!!! Sounds like a yummy adventure!!

BillyBuzzy

Last edited by billybuzzy; 12-12-2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-13-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm a bit leary about this. I understand it will be on the Liberty also starting in December. I cruise Jan 10. I hope any bugs are worked out by then. But I liked the old format, it was the fine dinning every night on linen and nice flatware, waited on by people dressed up nice. I'm afriad this will be the Yee-Haw version of restraunts that I don't like. At least I have the Steak House booked for the night after Cozumel.

I'd love some reviews from other members on how this is working and if they like it.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Administrator

I've heard the 'American Table' nights will have bare tables without tablecloths - ala Applebees. I'm looking for confirmation about that. Also, John Heald reports the cold soups will no longer be served. That's a shame because I like the cold soups.

Of course nothing is final yet and they will be tweaking this over several weeks and perhaps months.

I don't understand why they are doing this. The dining room food has been a consistent high point for Carnival for several years now, according to cruise reviews and comment cards. Why change something that was popular?
Old 12-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I've heard the 'American Table' nights will have bare tables without tablecloths - ala Applebees. I'm looking for confirmation about that. Also, John Heald reports the cold soups will no longer be served. That's a shame because I like the cold soups.

Of course nothing is final yet and they will be tweaking this over several weeks and perhaps months.

I don't understand why they are doing this. The dining room food has been a consistent high point for Carnival for several years now, according to cruise reviews and comment cards. Why change something that was popular?
It seems to be what Carnival does best. Messing up things that work well. When we started cruising there was an 11 piece ship band and over 20 dancers. According to my daughter the Big Shows always got high marks and yet now the band is 6 with a music track and only 16 dancers, and on the 2.0 ships even fewer singer/dancers. Why they do this is a mystery to me. It's like the company was being run by an short sighted accountant,- wait a min that is exactly what is going on!!

Tags
cards, carnival, comment, cruise, food, line, reviews