Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Smile American Table aboard the Inspiration
As the second part of Our cruise to Hawaii aboard the Carnival Miracle, We disembarked in Long Beach and went out aboard the Carnival Inspiration for a nice, short 5 day adventure!!! This venerable ship is showing signs that it needs to be refurbished!!! In particular the chairs in the MDR need more than a good cleaning....many of them are just plain worn and unkempt!!! That criticism aside We loved the ship and the itinerary...nothing fancy but a really great way to come down from the long Pacific Crossing to Hawaii and Back on the Miracle.

Of great interest was the inauguration of "American Table" which is Carnivals revamped dining menu. Rest Easy fellow cruisers....all the beloved Carnival entrees are still there only the menu format has changed somewhat!! The menu is now presented on a Hardboard of 1 page.....Ala many American Steakhouses......You'll need to take a little more time to familiarize yourself with the new format.......but the favorites have not changed and you will have more options to pick and choose exactly what you prefer to dine on!! One New Favorite is a family style Flatbread covered with Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions...delicious shades of what Mom used to make and Tasty, worth a try!!

Since this was the first week with the new menu format the wait staff suffered some degree of confusion......service was downright slow but the meal was the same as We have all grown to like and enjoy!!! Given a learning curve by the MDR staff all should begin to hum along nicely!! I did feel that this may be a better way to handle MDR service on short cruises......I doubt We would have liked it on the lengthy Hawaiian voyage!!

Don't be afraid of it....the full set of taste options is still there...it just takes a little getting used to!! The food is still great and yes, Escargot and Frog's Legs remain!!

Bon Voyage,
BillyBuzzy
Old 02-19-2014, 05:31 AM

Thanks Billy! I guess many of us are reserving judgment on the new menu until we can experience them for ourselves. But its great to hear from someone first hand. I know that they are still refining the menu, there are several of our favorites that are no longer offered (Strawberry bisque for one)... not that I can't live without it but it's still a bummer that things we have come to enjoy are disappearing. However, there are new things that we will enjoy and I suppose while change is difficult, it does need to happen or Carnival's dinning experience will become stale.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-20-2014, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybuzzy View Post
This venerable ship is showing signs that it needs to be refurbished!!! In particular the chairs in the MDR need more than a good cleaning....many of them are just plain worn and unkempt!!! .

Bon Voyage,
BillyBuzzy
I am still wondering why Carnival didn't send one of the Fantasy Class Vessels with balconies to California. I have been on both the Carnival Ecstasy and the Carnival Fascination since they had the balconies installed and despite their age, they looked like brand new ships.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:45 AM

I was just on the Carnival Imagination in November and was very impressed with everything about the ship from the condition to the service. The Carnival Imagination was just in dry-dock in Sep 2013 and the Carnival Inspiration was in dry-dock November 2013. Perhaps they've had some rough passengers in the Carnival Inspiration's MDR. Did you bring it to the Maitre'd attention Billy? It's those little things that people notice.

Tags
american, carnival, cruise, inspiration, lines, menu, miracle, ships, table