Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 03:28 PM
Smile The Victory is an "It" Girl!!!!
Having just disembarked the Carnival Victory We can say that this is a great "short voyage" cruiser with a phenomenal ambiance!! This is a ship where the the ship, the staff ,and the crew all have their acts together!!! Featuring Carnival and Fincantieri's successful time tested layout this is a ship that will have you coming back for more!!!
Is it a "FunShip" Oh Yeah! It really does manage to capture the original essence of their first ship, the Mardi Gras, which whom I cruised upon too many years ago!! Something which Carnival has been getting away from and forgetting!!! On the Victory it is still there..by a mile. All Carnival needs to do is to bring back the Steel Drum Bands and the Victory will have the true essence of Caribbean cruising hands down over all the competition
The cruise director "Goose" is a match for Carnival's Legendary John Heald and the shows are puuuurfect with "Living in America" beyond outstanding!!! The meals were awesome in the MDR with excellent, nay exceptional, service. This ship is fun for both the first time and the experienced cruiser alike. I am pleased to recommend this ship to My fellow cruisers. We had a fabulous time at a most reasonable price!!.

BillyBuzzy
Old 04-01-2014, 05:51 AM
Administrator

Great review, Billy! I just realized it has been four years since our last Carnival cruise and I need to rectify that.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:26 AM
Dave........Since We have disembarked several days ago we are still marveling at how We personally felt about the Victory cruise. It was a 5 day to both Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Georgetown, Grand Cayman and days later We can honestly say we felt like it was a longer cruise. Usually We have noted that shorter cruises lack this sense of longevity. If Carnival would put some bucks into bringing back the Caribbean Ambiance on their Caribbean voyages (ie Steel Bands on the Lido) they might just corner the short cruise market in the region. The mood and ambiance of the right music in the right place makes a huge difference. Even the right "canned" music can be effective. Present DJ "Loud" music can get quite unpleasant as the db level is annoying and even painful on a daily basis. It certainly exceeds OSHA noise safety levels. Next Carnival cruise I plan to bring a db meter!!!
If You recall my comment on the failure of Carnival to set a Polynesian Ambiance on Our 15 day sail to Hawaii in Jan/Feb., No matter the price...We would have to think twice about a repeat if Carnival makes no changes on the Hawaiian Run. It does not speak well for the Cruise Director and his lack of creativity aboard the Miracle!!! But that's a whole other story!! The Victory was real joy and is a Carnival treasure!!

BillyBuzzy