Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 07:58 PM

Has anyone else been on the destiny carnival ship and/or going on May 17th and be able to share with me some first time cruise tips? It's my first time and I am going to with a few of my girlfriends who have also never been on a cruise. Anything that we know before we go would be helpful...
Old 03-30-2010, 11:32 AM

Hi JenniferL, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your up-coming cruise! Just be warned, cruising is addictive There are tons of tips and advice on the board. Please browse through the sections and I'm sure lots of your questions will be answered. If there's anything in particular, please let us know and we'll try our best to answer them. Be sure to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and plenty of smiles! Best wishes!
Old 03-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Hi Jennifer,
You ladies will have a great time! If you haven't booked any excursions yet, you should check them out on the carnival website. Many are offered depending on where your going and give very good descriptions of the excursions. You can also post questions to others that have been on them if you want input from cruisers that have done them. Many times if you wait until you are on the ship many excursions are sold out ahead of time or the excursion desk is closed.
You will find that cruise reviews is one of the better sites to find most all of your answers to questions and like Penny said if you have particular questions there are plenty of us to answer them if you can't find the answers.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:59 AM

Hi Jennifer,

I too am on this cruise, there are 4 of us girls going on it together and sharing one cabin~!I am the only one that has been on previous cruises with Carnival. You will have good time. The day before we reach port they have seminars about the port, there short but have great info and usually coupons and free stuff offers, don't miss it if you can. On my previous cruises I found the best place to get info about the hot spots on the ship was your hostess at dinner..strange huh? but dang both cruises they knew it all and was very eager to help us out. You will have a great time and hope to see you there my room is 2321 unless they change it My name is Angela and I will be with the other 3 wild girls~!LOL
Old 04-21-2010, 07:11 AM

Hi Angela12, welcome to Cruise-Chat! I hope y'all can meet up on board, it sounds like it would be a riot! 4 girls in 1 cabin, yikes, you're going to have to have assigned bathroom times Thank you for your great advice! We hope you'll post more often.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:20 AM

Dear Penny
Yea the bathroom thing does worry me some, but since I am sure I will be up early as always I can be out and running the track before the rest are out of bed! hehehe so it's the other 3 that will have to wait their turn!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:09 AM

This might be of some help. Some people go up to the gym area and there are locker rooms with showers. So at dinner time, you might want to run up there and grab a shower. Oh, and you might want to bring a power strip since there's only one plug in the cabin. I wouldn't plug in 3 extra hair dryers at once, but maybe one wouldn't hurt and maybe one curling iron. You wouldn't want to over load the circuit and start a fire!
Old 05-02-2010, 07:21 AM

Good idea~! thanks

Closed Thread