Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Camp Carnival (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/412-camp-carnival.html)

aj7229 02-25-2009 01:43 PM

Can anyone give some advice on Camp Carnival. Let me say, that oh yes, we are going to use the service, but how much is too long there? Did you send your kids everyday? Did you go and have dinner with the kids at the buffet and then enjoy your own dinner? Should the kids eat with you in the dining room some? My kids are 2 and 4 at sailing and I love them dearly, but I need a break too....any advice appreciated.

penny3333 02-25-2009 01:55 PM

Your children will let you know when they've had enough Camp Carnival. Most of the children love it, some don't.

Dave 02-25-2009 03:44 PM

Your kids will have to eat with you on most nights. They don't have a kid's buffet dinner with the Camp Carnival staff every night, and the youth program isn't always open during dinner hours.

jillmay 02-25-2009 11:14 PM

aj -- when are you sailing? we are going with a 2 & 4 year old as well!! Carnival Legend.

aj7229 02-26-2009 07:59 AM

Sailing July 12 on Splendor out of LA

jillmay 02-26-2009 11:48 PM

too bad that would have been fun!! I'll let you know how we made out when we get back!!

29dawgs 02-28-2009 10:41 AM

Hi aj7229,

You will have to take the kids with you to dinner the first night, but after that they should have a kids dinner every night at 6pm. They will have a kids club meeting the first night aboard and will give you a list of all ot the kids activities. Also they offer babysitting each night stating at 10pm for $6 per hour for the first child and $4 an hour for each additional child.

We were just on the Holiday and our daughter ate with the kids every night. She enjoyed this more and I know we did also. http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_smile.gif

Dave 02-28-2009 11:11 AM

That's what I get for for not checking before posting. I also must have been thinking of the kid's program on another cruise line.

Here is a good overview of the Camp Carnival program.

Cruiseonly 02-28-2009 01:01 PM

Camp carnival was great we have a three year daughter and she loved it. They staff was great with them. The first night there will be a meeting where you sign them up at. Make sure you read the events for each day. My daughter got to make a bookbag and t shirt at no cost. They are open from 9am to 10 pm for free except 12-2 there is lunch. The first day I took her up there I was worried and only kept her up there for 45 mins. Then took her back from 2-4 which she didnt want to leave at 4. She actually asked me to take her there the other days. I hav to say It was nice that the last night we wanted to have a quiet dinner so we took her up there for two hrs. so we could. They are also openned from 10pm to 3 am for babysitting. The first night we took her for 2 hours and when I got her I felt bad she was curled up on a mat sleeping all by herself no one in the room. Was a little turned off but one other night I took her they were still up when i picked her which was 1230. make sure if they have a blanket or stuffed animal they like you take it with to the camp. Its also nice that you have two in the same age group. Have fun. They give you a phone incase they need you.

jillmay 04-17-2009 10:02 AM

aj--
Camp Carnival was a huge success with our family!! We were on the Legend in March withour 2 & 4 year old. They did great... it helps I think that they were in the same 'group' so they were always together. The kids went to 'camp' every day for a few hours and our 4 year old asked every night after dinner if he could go back to camp!! We did one shore excursion & left the kids on the ship, we also did two dinners in the supper club and had the kids at camp during dinner time. the staff were all so fantastic, they were caring, loving and so kind! Alex still talks about Miss Irina!! They give you a detailed schedule of all activities listed by the half hour. I have to say every time we showed up, they were doing exactly what the schedule listed. They made friends and really enjoyed Camp Carnival. Best part was that my hsuband and I got to 'date' while on vacation! We came home, relaxed, happy and more connected. This would have not been possible without the children spending time at Camp so we could spend time together!!
Hope this helps!!