Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Administrator

For my current Carnival booking I took the Early Saver fare and my agent was quite clear about the rules, even though I knew them as well as she does. From her e-mail: "Before I go ahead with this booking, I want to be sure you understand the deposit is non-refundable. Let me know if you want to proceed."
Old 09-07-2009, 02:35 PM
I think our fellow cruisers also need to realize that while cancellation of an "Early Saver"booking results in loss of the deposit there is another option - reschedule your cruise for another date, even another CCL ship. There is a $50.penalty fee but that is a whole lot better than wiping yourself out!!!! I believe Dwayne has utilized this feature quite effectively and practically!

BillyBuzzy
Old 09-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Administrator

The bottom line in all of this is anyone can have an episode of what they perceive to be poor customer service, and with any company. People google "poor customer service Carnival Cruise" or words to that effect, and they see a lot of search hits and think "this cruise line is messed up". But when you consider the tens of thousands of people who cruise with Carnival every week, the track record of complaints is actually minimal and I'd wager less than most other companies of similar size.

I've never been a believer in "the customer is always right". That is frankly a crock. Customers may not hear the answer they want, and so they say they got poor customer service.

Sure, some complaints are valid. Everyone has a bad day and the cruise lines don't like it when somebody goes away mad. Those messages you hear about calls being monitored to ensure quality are not just blowing smoke. But they also know you can't please everyone and they have to make business decisions as to when they draw a line and say "I'm sorry but that is all we will do".

Unfortunately, for many all it takes is one occasion and they take their money elsewhere. That can be a risky venture in the cruise business because you can easily find yourself fresh out of cruise lines after a while. Because one thing is certain, and that is that all the cruise lines get complaints and not all of them are resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
I believe Dwayne has utilized this feature quite effectively and practically!Smile
Thanks! I do my best to use the common sense my momma taught me.

I wish first time posters with complaints such as these would have came here first before they booked their cruise. They would have seen the information about this posted. I know I have posted it and explained it multiple times since the booking option began as well as yourself and others. Oh well, all we can do is try to help others before this happens.

Dwayne
Old 09-07-2009, 06:03 PM

Dave, A most excellent explanation and educational post as always.

Dwayne
Old 09-07-2009, 07:15 PM
when ever we had a issue with CCL, they have ALWAYS resolved the issue. and READ THE RULES about early savers AND understand them before you book.Carnival is the only cruiseline that i have been on that has a fast,and very helpful service department. they have always answered my emails.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Administrator

...and with that we'll close this thread since all that can be said has been said.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, customer, customers, easy, line, lines, poor, records, refund, reviews, rules, saver, service, track