Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 03:17 AM

I have contacted CCL customer service twice through an email and have received poor service. Has anyone else had this experience? Does anyone know if any or these representatives actually get off their butt and resolve an issue or just write back and apologizing they can't find the information or fulfilled a request, etc. I would think that as a VIP (over 25 cruises with CCL) I could get an answer. Is it time to switch cruise lines?
Old 09-03-2009, 05:07 AM

I rarely use email to resolve an issue, so I don't personally know. What's the issue?, and I'll try to direct you to who to call. I've had pretty good service when emailing the Shore Excursion and Guest Access Services departments with questions.

Dwayne
Old 09-03-2009, 05:21 AM

Without having any information on what your issue is, it's hard to determine whether you received proper service or not. Consider the fact that they get hundreds of emails a day. Perhaps in their eyes they answered the email and the issue was solved. Emails were never intended to be a method for long correspondence. The fact you received a response is a point in their favor. Just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear doesn't mean they are providing poor customer service.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:41 AM

I can only imagine how many emails they get in a day with the number of passengers they have. multiply 2500 guests by 22 ships per week = 55000 guests a week... How many have some complaint or comment?

Its just as bad at the other cruise lines or worse (from personal experience trying to get issues resolved.) But without knowing what your email pertained to, we can't judge the level of service you received versus what you should have gotten.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Purely anecdotal remarks from me: On one of our Holiday cruises the internet cafe was down more than it was up. I had paid for a minutes package and couldn't use all of them. I e-mailed Carnival and simply asked for a pro-rated refund. A couple weeks later I got a written response in the mail. They had to research my complaint to validate it, apologized for it, and actually refunded the entire amount I'd paid even though I had used at least half of the minutes.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:08 PM

I have had a couple small complaints on CCL cruises. I have never emailed them but did call them and talk to a supervisor and they more than jumped thru hoops to make it right.I just think they get alot of emails and if you want answer's,you can get more done by calling customer services.IMO.
Mike
CCL Elation 2005
CCL Pride 2006
RCCI Splendor 2006
RCCI Serenade Hawaii 2007
RCCI Serenade Alaska 2008
CCL Ecstasy 2008
RCCI AOS 2009
RCCI Voyager 2009
CCL Conquest 2010
CCL Ecstasy 2010
Old 09-03-2009, 08:32 PM
I had a problem last year and not happy with the final outcome, but every Supervisor has a Supervisor, that has a Supervisor that has a Boss and you just keep climbing that latter until you get what you want. Don't take no the first time around. Yes you shouldn't have to, but a whole lot of people they are dealing with and your just one apple bobbing in the ocean.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 09-05-2009, 01:06 PM

To say that the customer service is poor at Carnival Cruise Lines is a gross understatement! Yesterday I spent two hours away from my business to deal with the rudest individuals that I have EVER encountered in business. We unfortunatly had to cancel our plans, yes we purchased insurance (which turned out to be worthless), we booked through an agent (which means that Carnival will REFUSE to talk with you with regards to any details, they will only discuss options with the agent), through four conversations Carnival changed their mind four times as to what they would offer us as a solution. Only one of these senarios was remotely a fair option and that was immediatly changed to '...we're keeping two thirds of your money and goodbye.'Everyone I spoke with was rude( I'm not kidding, everyone). The travel agency, a well known national chain, was extremely frustrated with Carnival, they could not understand why they were acting the way they were. In fact there is a cancellation fee that the agency charges it's customers, they did not charge me! They spent two hours fighting with Carnival and then waived the $100.00 cancellation fee.
The first option offerd was a voucher for $300.00 toward another cruise within one year. Ok, they keep a customer and make more money off of us when we re-schedule the cruise. They do not lose any revenue. No, sorry, we changed our minds. Take the cruise as secheduled or too bad.
Does this make any business sense at all? I was advised to speak to Carnival's Guest Relations Dept and the operator and the operator's supervisor refused to connect me!
I will never do business with Carnival, I will tell everyone I know that is planning a cruise this story. And I will continue to for the rest of my life.
I have been on many sides of business, from small to corp. and I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO BADLY BY ANYONE, EVER!
Old 09-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Perhaps instead of a nebulous report of your interaction with Carnival you can provide specific details. Otherwise there is nothing anyone here can do to comment about it.

What cruise were you booked on and when is it scheduled to depart? What type of cruise fare did you book? Was it an Early Saver Fare? When did you make the booking? What specifically did Carnival offer to do? Why did you have to change your plans? Why do you say the insurance is worthless?
Old 09-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Not a CCL fan:
To say that the customer service is poor at Carnival Cruise Lines is a gross understatement! Yesterday I spent two hours away from my business to deal with the rudest individuals that I have EVER encountered in business. We unfortunatly had to cancel our plans, yes we purchased insurance (which turned out to be worthless), we booked through an agent (which means that Carnival will REFUSE to talk with you with regards to any details, they will only discuss options with the agent), through four conversations Carnival changed their mind four times as to what they would offer us as a solution. Only one of these senarios was remotely a fair option and that was immediatly changed to '...we're keeping two thirds of your money and goodbye.'Everyone I spoke with was rude( I'm not kidding, everyone). The travel agency, a well known national chain, was extremely frustrated with Carnival, they could not understand why they were acting the way they were. In fact there is a cancellation fee that the agency charges it's customers, they did not charge me! They spent two hours fighting with Carnival and then waived the $100.00 cancellation fee.
The first option offerd was a voucher for $300.00 toward another cruise within one year. Ok, they keep a customer and make more money off of us when we re-schedule the cruise. They do not lose any revenue. No, sorry, we changed our minds. Take the cruise as secheduled or too bad.
Does this make any business sense at all? I was advised to speak to Carnival's Guest Relations Dept and the operator and the operator's supervisor refused to connect me!
I will never do business with Carnival, I will tell everyone I know that is planning a cruise this story. And I will continue to for the rest of my life.
I have been on many sides of business, from small to corp. and I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO BADLY BY ANYONE, EVER!

First of all, being mad that Carnival will not talk to you because you have a TA is ridiculous.

Your TA is being PAID to handle the transaction.
YOU are the one who decided to use a TA...deal with it.

Secondly, if you had to cancel your cruise for reasons not covered under your insurance...how is that Carnival (or anyone else's) fault?

YOU are the one who cancelled.

YOU are also the one that bought the insurance you now say is worthless. Did you not read the policy before you bought it?

Most of the time when I read posts like this...they are people who knew the rules when they booked the cruise and are now MAD because they want to break the rules and Carnival won't let them.

The bottom line is that (from what you have posted here) Carnival owes you NOTHING.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, customer, customers, easy, line, lines, poor, records, refund, reviews, rules, saver, service, track