Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
There is a "Welcome Home" offer they (sometimes) send out to recent guests. I think it is $50 off of your next cruise if booked within a specific time. That offer (the last time I received one) was per cabin, not per person. They don't seem very consistent with sending out the offers though.
This is a little odd to be quoting myself.

Anyway, I wanted to follow up, and pass this along. Carnival has discontinued sending out the "Welcome Home" offers as of June 9th. For those that received one, they will honor them until August 9th.

Dwayne
Old 06-21-2009, 05:41 AM

how often can you submit a request for a price adjustment. Just found out about this and have seen our cruise price drop 2 times from the day we booked our cruise

Thanku

Bob & Ann

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-21-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
how often can you submit a request for a price adjustment. Just found out about this and have seen our cruise price drop 2 times from the day we booked our cruise
There are no restrictions to the number of times or the amount as long as you are eligible for the lower fare.

Dwayne
Old 06-21-2009, 06:15 PM
yeah,ours dropped twice in 4 days.so i got both rate reductions

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-15-2009, 12:14 AM

While I was not happy about paying the $50pp fee (which I was aware of) to change my Early Saver Rate from the Dream to the Fascination - It's been raining OBC's for days now.

I have recouped the Administrative fee with OBC's (on board credits) and am heading into positive territory now, with a few rolls of quarters to spare. I probably would have had more, but I opted to be (up decked) from Riviera to the Empress deck the first time it equaled the rate I paid.

Anyone that has an Early Saver Rate should keep an eye on the rates for the category you have booked.

Dwayne
Old 02-05-2010, 12:06 PM

Have I missed something, I booked our cruise last April after returning for one for March. I booked with the Early Saver rate and upgraded right away because we like the back of the boat with the extended balcony, well our cruise has drop in price by $120 per person and called today but was told that the price was for b,c,d, balconys and I could upgrade to 9 but I don't want to do that, we have rooms side by side with our kids. I wasn't offered the on board credit, of course I didn't ask about that but was trying to be nice. I guess what I am saying is that why can't I get an on board credit because isn't this price protection for any type of booking. Just wondering if I am totally misundering the whole early saver rate!
Old 02-05-2010, 01:20 PM

The early saver price protection probably didn't kick in because the price you saw was for lower grade cabins. So the price on YOUR cabin type was not lower (at least this is how I am reading what information you provided).

The early saver fare would have a better chance of kicking in if you booked a bottom category for your cabin type (i.e. an 8A balcony or a 4A Inside etc) because those are the category cabins that get the advertised price drops to attract bookings.

You said you didn't ask if you could get an on board credit... Maybe you should call back and ask what the current price on your cabin category is. If it is less than you paid, ask them for an onboard credit. If they push you to upgrade for the same price, say no thanks I booked my cabins for a reason and tell them you would like the difference in the OBC please. That is the point of the early saver fare.

If your cabin category price didn't drop, don't be shocked as the upper categories don't change much unless the whole cruise is lacking bookings and they drop prices on everything, but that is not a normal thing. You got your discount by booking ES rate. The price protection is only there so people don't wait to the last minute worried that the price will drop. If it does, you are protected.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-05-2010, 08:53 PM

Hi bugcruiser, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

In addition I'll add that in order to get Early Saver Rate OBC's you have to submit the price protection claim form, if you booked with a Travel Agent they have to submit it for you.

I took an upgrade the first time the higher deck rate (that I was eligible for) matched the rate I paid for the lower deck cabin. Once I was reassigned the new cabin I kept watching the rates and gained 3 separate OBC's in addition. Now that is not always going to happen on all sailings, and you have to have a good Travel Agent that watches the rates for you, or be diligent in doing it yourself. If the advertised rate for your cabin on Carnival's site is lower than what you paid, send the form in.

Here is a link to the Early Saver FAQ's.

Here is a link to the form.

Dwayne
Old 02-06-2010, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the welcome! I have the same vacation planner through Carnival, one that I have used the last four cruises, her point was that the price isn't for the balcony room that I booked. Which is a balcony, I up graded at booking to 8, and back of the boat. So that is why this has been confusing to me, I figured she knows what she is doing!!
Old 02-06-2010, 08:19 PM

The price has to be an apples to apples comparison. The lower advertised price must be for the same Cabin Category that you are currently assigned to get OBC's. So if this is what your PVP told you, she is correct.

It is an option situation. You can take the OBC's and stay where you are, or take the upgrade. If you take the upgrade, then the price protection is based on the new Category.

Your confusion is a perfect example of why PVP's and Travel Agents should thoroughly explain how this rate and the price protection works before booking people with it.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
board, carnival, credit, cruise, discount, drop, early, guest, line, norwegian, past, price, rate, reviews, saver