Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 05:54 AM

Has anyone ever had the rate go down prior to their cruise and been able to collect onboard credit? Mine just keeps going up. While I'm happy that I got the lower rate, I sort of wish it would go down so that I could cash in on the on board credit.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Yes, we have a couple of times. Once it was before we had paid it off so they just adjusted the rate, once they bumped us up (not as good as Dave's bump-just a higher deck), once they gave us obc. It doesn't happen very often, though.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:58 AM

We did on our cruise last year - of course that was before the early saver rate program. We ended up getting $180 OBC due to the rate drop. We thought we had a good deal when we booked, but it was even sweeter with that OBC.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:03 PM

Mine is still $200 pp lower with the Early Saver rate. I keep checking on a regular basis though so I can alert my TA to send in the form.

If anyone didn't use a TA to book through, Here is the link to the Price Protection Claim Form.

Dwayne
Old 05-21-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Can someone please tell me when the Early Saver Rate went into effect? Also we pre booked our upcomming cruise back in Aug/08 actually 2 weeks after we got back. We have heard from other posts that Carnival usually offers a discount for booking early - is this true and if it is any idea what the amount is? would it be pp or per cruise?
They started offering the Early Saver booking option in January of this year. It is a different booking option than just booking early. It also has several rules and stipulations. They guarantee the rate up until 2 business days of sailing. The savings are based on Per Person.

Here are the details.

Dwayne
Old 05-22-2009, 06:39 AM
^^^^
Actually I book my next cruise using the normal past guest option, if I decide to, I can still change it to early booking option,
here is the deal;
Early booking have a few limitations that I am not happy with for example,
if you find a better price in other place you can ask them to give you that price but it have to be in the way of proving it, you have to send them the add or online direction and I believe you even have to write them and send the actual prove.
In my case, past guest booking, it offers good prices and good deals and in the case I find a better price online I just call my carnival assitant, last time they still charge me the same price I got on my booking but they gave me a better category cabin, so being a past guest is good enough to get a good deal with carnival
Old 05-22-2009, 07:14 PM

I agree it is more difficult with having to take the extra step of keeping up with the rates and sending in the form. The savings are real though for those that want to take the risk and keep up with the rates. The earlier you book the more you save. The early saver rate I have locked in is currently beating the past guest rate by $300 and the current early saver by $200. I booked in January though, and they didn't have the past guest rate available at that time to compare.

I usually book the past guest or resident rate if available and get the adjustments as long as they will give them to me.

Dwayne
Old 05-23-2009, 10:07 AM

We booked our July cruise back in January as well using the Early Saver even though we are past guests. The price has already dropped $140 pp and if it continues - I'll just keep racking up on board credit! I just use the form Dwayne talked about above whenever Carnival posts a new price.
2009 - Carnival Paradise
2010 - Carnival Sensation

Future:
2011 - Carnival Elation
Old 05-23-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Can someone please tell me when the Early Saver Rate went into effect? Also we pre booked our upcomming cruise back in Aug/08 actually 2 weeks after we got back. We have heard from other posts that Carnival usually offers a discount for booking early - is this true and if it is any idea what the amount is? would it be pp or per cruise?
I just realized I may not have fully answered your question. There is a "Welcome Home" offer they (sometimes) send out to recent guests. I think it is $50 off of your next cruise if booked within a specific time. That offer (the last time I received one) was per cabin, not per person. They don't seem very consistent with sending out the offers though.

They normally will honor rate decreases up until the final payment date regardless of it being the Early Saver Rate or not, at least that's been my experience. They have given On Board Credits past the final payment date in the past on occasion as well. I don't know if they are going to keep being so lenient with that though, now that the Early Saver rate is available with the guarantee.

Dwayne
Old 05-27-2009, 06:02 AM
we booked at cat 4a in febuary.then i moved to a cat 5a porthole. 2 days later that price on the port hole dropped $30.00 ppr so i called my TA.and fot my other friends that still have a cat 4a their price fell $40.00 ppr. mine was $429.00 now $399.00 for 7 days that is cheap. and friends was #389.00 it fell to $349.00 same 7 day cruise. Carnival has always have the better deals. you have to check prices everyday!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
board, carnival, credit, cruise, discount, drop, early, guest, line, norwegian, past, price, rate, reviews, saver