Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 10:42 AM

You guys are right on with your assessment of young people today. I deal with it everyday in the military. I am told that I must consider an airman's feeling before I chew him/her out for doing a crappy job because they didn't care enough to do the job right the first time. Everyone is more concerned about going home early than doing a good job. It just turns my stomach some days. Our nation is headed for a disaster when the young people of today are expected to take care of the business of our nation.

I live on the coast in Mississippi and the oil spill is very real here. I took my boat out the other day and instead that fresh salty air smell, all I could smell was light sweet crude. It was not very pleasant.

Good day all,

Brad

Old 05-29-2010, 03:08 PM

We found out about the delay when we checked in at the cruise terminal. We were given an opportunity to wander around NOLA some more, but we were ready to explore the ship. Leaving New Orleans at night was impressive, made for some really good photo opportunities.

On the way back though, the oil smell was pretty strong, one lady remarked that it burned her eyes to stay out too long. I noticed the smell more than anything (many years ago JP-5 an I became friends).

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Banned

Seems if the oil companies can handle drilling in the North Sea.....there should be SOMETHING that someone can do.

????
Old 05-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Depth is the problem. The North Sea has an average depth of around 300 feet. The lowest point is 2300 feet and they don't have wells there from what I can gather. Deepwater Horizon is over a mile down. If it were in shallower water the general consensus is they'd have had this thing capped weeks ago.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:35 PM

Brad,

Being from Pascagoula, MS, I feel like my heart is breaking. I'm stuck up here in North Alabama now. Believe me, my heart is there with all my Gulf Coast friends. I am severely disappointed in the oil company as well as our current administration. Everyone is supposed to have a disaster plan in place should one occur, where is it? My thoughts are with you all. I will be down in July...I hope all will be contained by then, Take care, Carla
2005-Carnival Holiday
1996-Commodore Enchanted Isle
1995-Commodore Enchanted Seas
1992-Commodore Enchanted Seas
1983-Carnival Carnivale

Closed Thread

Tags
april, arlean, carnival, cruise, date, delays, eve, leaving, orleans, reviews, saturday, ships, takes, time, triumph