Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 06:26 AM

Hi all first time here and have some ?s. we are a group 8 cruising on the Victory feb 21st. Last time we went we went to Duty free in terminal bought some bottles of booze not alot just enough to have some drinks on the balcony
before dinner. We walked right on with them no problem.I have been reading that you no longer can?
Another ? for San Juan in Miami last year we arrived late and rather than ckecking our luggage with porter we ask and porters said yes we could bring it on our self. Loved doing this as did not have to wait or worry where it went.
Has anyone done this in San Juan. Thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Well I don't recommend arrive late San Juan is no place to do so...
If you arrive early around 1:00 pm you will not have lines and can be on your cabin by 2:30 Pm depending on the arrival of the ship to our port.
As for the drinks Carnival change their policy about this kind of things, I know in the past they let you do it but at the moment, I don't recommend you to try it because our port policies have change a little bit regarding this kind of situations.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:45 PM

San Juan is a strange beast. Last time I went you could buy liquor in the terminal and carry it on "as long as the Carnival folks didn't see it". I questioned this and was told that the security personnel doing the carry on screening were San Juan port employees and not Carnival employees... so the did not look for liquor. I suppose this was the land of Rum's response to the cruise lines banning of carry on alcohol. I am sure their sales dropped when people could no longer take it back to the ship and enjoy it AND the airlines stopped letting you bring it on the plane. As far as if that situation has changed, I can't tell you. I would wait until I got there and ask the liquor store personal what the status is. If they say its still as I describe above, then you can choose what you wish to do. I would not expect you to be able to get it past Carnival security in checked bags.

yes, you can carry on your luggage if you want.. but I would not advise it if you get there before 2 PM. Most of the time the cabins are not accessible until then and you would be dragging ALL of your luggage around the ship with you.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-10-2010, 05:19 PM

If the luggage is too large it won't fit through the xray screening and would have to be checked with the porters.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:43 AM

Hi jbkinny, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

According to Carnival's Liquor and Beverage Policy (Look Here) alcoholic beverages other than the exception of one bottle of wine/champagne per person that is 21 years of age or older is allowed to be brought on board on Embarkation day.

If you choose to carry your luggage on board it must be able to fit through the security screening machine, as Cruise Fanatic noted. The size limitation is 24"W x 16"H.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
carinval, carinvalvictorycruise, carnival, cruise, line, review, victory