Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Okay everyone we are cruising out of Mobile, AL on Carnival Elation on Thanksgiving day & I am looking for a hotel that has a Park & Cruise Package. Need one that offers a shuttle to & from ship with parking included. Thanks for all your help in advance.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:23 PM

Good for you Cindy! I've not cruised from Mobile before to give a personal recommendation. I Googled it and found some though that offer the Park and Cruise. Hopefully someone will have some recommendations for you.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:10 AM

A few are Hampton Inn & Suites Historic District, Holiday Inn Downtown Historic, Renaissance Rivierview Plaza Hotel, and Radisson Admiral Semmes Hotel. The Renaissance seems to be very popular. Be sure you look at the Renaissance Rivierview Plaza, and not another hotel that uses Renaissance in it's name.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:17 AM

Congratulations, Cindy!!! You're going to love Mobile, easy in and out. We stayed at the Renaissance and purchased the stay and cruise package. I believe they charged me $160 for the night and parking. It was a very nice hotel, good but pricey food, but a nice bar in the lobby. The parking was in their garage and it was covered and secure. They shuttled us over and picked us up, so we didn't have too long of a wait to get through the lines of people parking at the port. We zipped right out of Mobile after we loaded up the car. The best part was, I could see the ship when I woke up in the morning. I forget my room number, but it was on the side facing the pier. You could also see her from the restaurant when you're eating breakfast. Of course, I was so excited that I had to walk over

Hope this helps!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Administrator

We sailed out of Mobile in July and spent a wonderful couple of nights enjoying the city. We didn't use the cruise and park package (as we flew), yet our hotel offered it, as did many, as others have noted. We stayed at the Renaissance Battle House both pre-cruise and post-cruise and liked it a lot. (CruiseFanatic, is this the hotel to which you refer above?)
Old 09-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Administrator

There are two Renaissance hotels just two blocks apart - the Riverview Plaza and the Battle House. In fact when we pulled up to the the Riverview Plaza the first thing the bell captain asked me was "are your reservations for here or the Battle House?" Obviously they get many confused guests.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

We stayed at the Renaissance Riverview in May. The parking there is actually in a city owned garage...so be aware that there is more than just hotel traffic that parks there.

(I don't know if that makes a difference...just FYI)

Friends of ours stayed at the Hampton Inn and they were very pleased.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:30 PM

Yes Lisa, the Battle House is the other one I was referring to. It sounds like you enjoyed that one too.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Administrator

We enjoyed it greatly... just curious as to why MACLEODC should look at the Riverview Plaza and not the Battle House.

Dave, we had a similar experience with our taxi after the cruise. Our driver was about to turn right toward the Riverview Plaza, and we had to tell him to turn left.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
We enjoyed it greatly... just curious as to why MACLEODC should look at the Riverview Plaza and not the Battle House.
Lisa, I have a Cruise & Stay brochure from the Mobile CVB. It doesn't list the Battle House as having a Cruise package. So that's what I meant to not confuse it with the Renaissance Riverview. It sounds though that the Battle House has one too. The brochure is about a year and half old though.

Closed Thread

Tags
al, alabama, carnival, cruise, cruising, elations, iscruise, mobile, package, park, people, review, reviews, riverview, stay