Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2004, 03:02 PM

I am wondering what the cost of both non alcoholic and alchoholic drinks cost? I thought I may save a few bucks if I purchase bar coupons & if they have them soda coupons from Carnival's site. The coupons include tax & gratuity. Any feedback? Would this method actually save me a couple of bucks?
Old 09-01-2004, 03:02 PM

I am wondering what the cost of both non alcoholic and alchoholic drinks cost? I thought I may save a few bucks if I purchase bar coupons & if they have them soda coupons from Carnival's site. The coupons include tax & gratuity. Any feedback? Would this method actually save me a couple of bucks?
Old 09-06-2004, 05:56 PM

For the most part, mixed drinks run about $4.95 apiece. The drink special of the day runs $2.95 in the regular glass. Beers are in the $2.75 - 3.50 ballpark. There are drink menus available at most of the bars. I saw most of them by the main atrium bar on Deck 3. As far as the coupons, I saw no one use them. My wife and I skipped the Fountain Fun Card and even though we are big soda drinkers we made due. Most people just went with the pay as you go. It was too convenient to just use the Sail and Sign card and call it even. You probably won't save THAT much money for the hassle you are going to tack on. I just posted a review on cruisereviews.com it should be up in a couple of days, I was as through as I could be.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:22 PM

the fountain fun card is worth it if you drink lots of soda,but you can only use it at the bars and not for room service
Old 01-07-2005, 10:10 PM
What I found with the fountain fun card is you only get soda in a glass and not a can. You are limited to about 3 flavors. The bartender tried to talk us out of it. He said you will have to drink at least 6 per day to make it worth while. I thought no problem but did not consider time in port. Also when you purchace the card they add 15% gratuity. That is no problem but when the waiter would bring us a soda he would stand there waiting to be tipped. Either plan to tip twice or buy as you go. You may not drink as many as you think. We are planning to bring a couple six packs in our suitcases.

Closed Thread

Tags
card, carnival, carnivals, conquest, costs, cruise, drink, prices2013