Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2004, 11:17 AM

We are sailing on the Destiny this Sunday (April 25th) and are wondering what excursions people would recommend (ports: St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados and Aruba). This will be our 2nd cruise and all new ports. My wife and I are in our mid 30's and our son is 9. I think we have decided on the Harrison Caves in Barbados and I know we want to try snorkeling for the first time, but are unsure where we should do that. We are also interested in renting some jet skis / Wave Runners (we know the ship does not offer this as an excursion but can do it on our own) if someone can recommend a good port for that.
I know this is short notice, so thanks in advance for any and all help.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:17 AM

We are sailing on the Destiny this Sunday (April 25th) and are wondering what excursions people would recommend (ports: St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados and Aruba). This will be our 2nd cruise and all new ports. My wife and I are in our mid 30's and our son is 9. I think we have decided on the Harrison Caves in Barbados and I know we want to try snorkeling for the first time, but are unsure where we should do that. We are also interested in renting some jet skis / Wave Runners (we know the ship does not offer this as an excursion but can do it on our own) if someone can recommend a good port for that.
I know this is short notice, so thanks in advance for any and all help.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:41 PM

I hate to be a broken record, but check out www.PortReviews.com for definitive answers to your questions.

Bill
Old 04-21-2004, 07:58 AM

I have been to www.portreviews.com and find it very useful. The problem there is that people talk about each excursion on it's own. What I'm really asking is if someone has gone snorkeling in say Barbados, Aruba and Dominica, which location would they recommend for first time snokelers that are only going to do it in one location?
Old 04-21-2004, 09:57 AM

Ahhhh, have you checked this snorkeling guide?

http://www.cruisereviews.com/info/snorkeling.htm

Hope that helps.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:34 AM

I had not seen the snorkeling guide. That is a BIG help. The staff at CruiseReviews should make it easier to find. I've been reading reviews there for about 6 months now and never even knew those info pages were there.

Now, can anyone help with the waverunners / Jet skis?
Thanks again for all the help.

Closed Thread

Tags
barbados, barbadose, carnival, cruise, destiny, excursion, excursions, excusion, kitts, land, review, reviews, ship, shore, st