Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 08:06 AM

Effective immediately, Carnival will no longer offer custom air arrangements or pre- and post-cruise hotel arrangements.

Carnival still has its usual FlyAweigh program where you can buy airfare through the cruise line. It's their Deviations program that bit the dust.

Carnival says "low customer utilization" led to the cuts, and they'd rather support programs that passengers do use.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:25 AM

Wow, guess that's cost-cutting, they can lay-off that department. They offered valet luggage services on board the Valor, which was great. You sign up for it, pay the charges on your sail and sign card ($20 for Carnival + whatever the airline charges are for your luggage), place the tags on your bags, leave them outside your door, and don't see them again until you land. It was well worth the $20.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:04 AM

Thanks, Sandy. I hadn't heard about that yet. Then again, I rarely use it. I used the deviation once to stay a few days extra at San Juan. I'm glad I called the morning of the home bound flight. They had changed it to 2 hours earlier. Talk about hustling to an airport. I actually called the front desk of the Caribe Hilton to have them send someone up to get my luggage and have a taxi waiting. That was probably the fastest shower I have ever taken.

Dwayne
Old 05-27-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I'm glad I called the morning of the home bound flight. They had changed it to 2 hours earlier.
Maybe that's one of the reasons that service is under-utilized!
Old 05-28-2010, 05:58 AM

Just curious...under the rules of the ticket contract with the airline, if you did miss that flight would they have issued a new ticket for a later flight free of charge? Does the contract say somewhere that you have to check to see if the flight has been moved up?

Thanks,

Brad

Old 05-28-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Just curious...under the rules of the ticket contract with the airline, if you did miss that flight would they have issued a new ticket for a later flight free of charge? Does the contract say somewhere that you have to check to see if the flight has been moved up?
I have no idea as I do my best to avoid flying. Hopefully someone who is a frequent flyer knows. My sister used to work for American Airlines and she told me I should call to verify it. The flight I had that was moved earlier was on Delta.

You can read about Carnival's Air program HERE.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
arrangements, carnival, hotel