Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2004, 02:52 PM

Anyone going with us?

Have you been on this cruise before? What's good bad ugly?

Comments? Suggestions?
Old 07-04-2004, 02:52 PM

Anyone going with us?

Have you been on this cruise before? What's good bad ugly?

Comments? Suggestions?
Old 07-08-2004, 10:44 AM

We just got back July 4th from Carnival's 7 day Western Caribbean cruise on the Paradise. We went to Belize, Honduras, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. The weather was wonderful. In Belize we went on the Cave tubing trip and we booked ahead of time through xstream. It was a really good trip and went through two long caves instead of Carnival's one. We only had 17 people with us and it was only $60.00 a person. Our friends hired a boat and went snorkling and said it was great. In Honduras we also hired a guide beforehand and he was great. He took us on a wonderful tour of the island island and then to West Bay Beach for snorkling. He has a new van and he is very friendly, knowledgeable, and extremely professional. For anyone else reading this who is going to the island of Roaton, Honduras, his name Dolfos M. Stanley. (504) 445-0106. E-mail adress- rrosinabb@hotmail.com
On Grand Cayman we book ahead of time with Captain Marvin tours. We only booked the 2 hour tour which went to the Coral Gardens and Stingray City. The Coral Gardens weren't nearly as impressive as the great snorkling of West Bay Beach in Honduras but Stingray City was really fun (as long as a bunch of Stingrays swimming under you and between your legs doesn't freak you out. It did me at first but then I got used to it and it was a blast. We were only there a half an hour but it was plenty enough time. I don't know about the Barrier Reef or Seven Mile Beach but if you want to do better snorkling you might want to check that out. Captain Marvins has longer tours that include those also. We stay for a week in Cozumel in 1993 and so we went back to Chakunab Lagoon. It was much more commericialized on our return this trip and the snorkling was good but not as good as it was the last time. They used to have a sunken ship that you could dive down to if you can hold your breathe a long time but I couldn't find it and when I asked someone they said it was broken up by storms and so they removed it. The last time we saw a lot of barricuda and squid but this time I didn't see anything unusual except a flounder. As you can see we like to snorkel so I you do to I hope this helps.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:08 AM

Thanks for the information Stan. I am new to this board, but not new to cruising. I have been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman but Belize and Roatan are new ports for me (will be going there on an October cruise). I agree about Stingray City and actually used Captain Marvin myself. I will be sure to use the informatin you shared on Belize and Roatan, however. Thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
belize, belizgrand, carnival, cayman, caymon, cozumel, cozumelbelizehondurasgrand, cozymel, cruise, dolfos, grand, hondouras, honduras, october, stanley, weather, western