Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 12:21 PM

I was told once you can be upgraded if you have traveled with the same cruise line. How does this work?
Old 05-23-2010, 12:52 PM

Most of the time it requires that you be assigned to a "Guraranteed" category. Meaning you are assigned to a particular category of inside, ocean view, balcony; without an assigned cabin. If you are already assigned a cabin number, then it is less likely you'll get upgraded. Upgrades often are within the same category, ie: inside to inside, just a higher deck.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I was told once you can be upgraded if you have traveled with the same cruise line. How does this work? Smile
The only upgrades (up-decks) based on being a past guest I've received from Carnival have been when the price I paid went down. Now those were based on the Past Guest rates and they added the up-decks to the Category I had booked.

Now they do give a little priority for those on the secret list for being past cruisers. Well it actually isn't that big of a secret. If they have no-shows for the cruise after the first port call they will give them to people on the list that have asked.

Once you've cruised on Carnival you will be eligible for the Past Guest Rates that often include up-decks.

Dwayne
Old 05-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Administrator

I like the use of "up-deck" to describe it since it hardly ever is a real upgrade.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 PM
How do i get on that secret list.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-25-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
How do i get on that secret list.
See the chief purser the first day and ask. The first time I asked they were a bit confused and got the chief purser. He said "Oh, that list" and pulled it out from under the counter on a clipboard. I didn't get one that time, but he sent a note and a bottle of wine to my cabin after the first port call. It doesn't happen all that often, but it does happen. Worth a shot if you are in a 1A.

Dwayne
Old 05-26-2010, 02:55 PM

Just a follow up. I haven't done this for a few years so I'm not sure they still do it. I've been trying to pick a strategically located cabin for the convenience factor. The best one I've had so far was on Panorama Deck on the Legend. It was near the Aft stairwell. I could walk up one deck and be either in the Lido restaurant or at the Aft pool bar.

Dwayne

Closed Thread