Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2004, 11:42 PM

Hubby and I will be cruising on the Conquest 12/5/04. This is our first cruise, and I didn't realize until finding this site how many things there are to know and do before you cruise. I know about Carnival's site, but can someone give me a quick "must-know" list of things the Carnival site doesn't tell you? Like what to bring (I read something about needing duct tape?), and about the best shore excursions.

I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2004, 11:42 PM

Hubby and I will be cruising on the Conquest 12/5/04. This is our first cruise, and I didn't realize until finding this site how many things there are to know and do before you cruise. I know about Carnival's site, but can someone give me a quick "must-know" list of things the Carnival site doesn't tell you? Like what to bring (I read something about needing duct tape?), and about the best shore excursions.

Old 11-20-2004, 02:19 AM
only if you are into kinky sex!! lol Sorry you left yourself wide open on that one. tape is for yor suitcase most likely for idenity and to keep closed as they do get tossed about.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:32 AM

see my post to you under georgiagirl, read the reviews here, much info there also
quote:
Originally posted by choirlady:

Old 11-20-2004, 10:52 AM
Choirlady - the best advice I can give you is to relax and enjoy all there is. Actually, if you are a water/ice tea drinker, you might want to pack a plastic drinking glass - there will only be 6 oz glasses at the water/tea stations. If you are soda drinkers - the soda card (or whatever they offer) will be a good deal. There will be bottles of water and/or cans of soda in your stateroom - they are checked everyday - so be aware that if you open one, you've bought it. Above all - - have fun! That's what you are going for.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:51 AM

Make sure to bring a valid credit card to establish your onboard account (for all the extra costs - drinks, shore excursions, gift shop purchases, pictures, bingo, etc.) Also you need to have the proper ID; I'm sure you read about that on the Carnival site, but you need an original or certified (raised-seal, not xerox) copy of your birth certificates *plus* valid govt-issued photo ID (driver's license). It won't hurt to have an original or certified copy of the marriage certificate too, if your last name is different from your birth certificate. If you have valid passports, they will take the place of the certificates and the license. If you are not US citizens, you will need other forms of ID - passports from your country, green cards, etc. (see the Carnival site or ask your TA).

Have a fantastic time!
Old 11-20-2004, 12:13 PM

ChoirLady,
Would love to give you some shore excursion suggestions. What ports will the Conquest be visiting?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-20-2004, 07:24 PM

Dear Choirlady;
My husband and I just returned from our first cruise on the Celebrity Mercury to Mexican Riviera. My suggestion is visit the website for your particular cruise line. There is a lot of useful info about the ship, excursions, identification, etc. Where are you sailing to?
One thing I found out too late...don't take a travel iron. You cannot use them on the ship. Otherwise pack for the weather, formal nights(if you plan to take part in) and your appetities. You will be fed constantly. Watch the drinks that you order, as they come with a pretty stiff price tag. But most of all relax and enjoy yourself, if you have any problems, there will be many people to assist you. You will have a great time. Write back when you return with your feedback. We will definatly be taking another cruise soon.
California cruisers.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:13 AM

Although time is short for you, we are going to be new to the cruise scene too, and found that the book "Berlitz Ocean Cruising and Cruise Ships 2004" was well worth the money with tips, reviews, info on Ports of Call, etc. I suspect you can pick it up at any Barnes & Noble or B. Daltons, or obviously Amazon.

Have fun!!!!

Miracle
Old 11-24-2004, 10:41 PM

Wow, I feel better already! Thanks to each of you for the great information.

Can't believe I forgot to mention our ports of call. We'll be stopping in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Montego Bay, Jamaica.

I will definitely check out the other post, ConquestMike, and also the book at Barnes & Noble, DuluthEast.

Thanks again! Can't wait now!

Closed Thread