Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 08:13 AM

wow, that was a very intense video. I hate that there is nothing carnival can do to them other then kicking them off of the ship.
WOW
Old 08-27-2010, 08:33 AM
People acting as animals over a SONG?? How ignorant and pathetic as a society are we becoming. And clearly the guys filming has had a little to much to drink. And was there a child there in the club at thst hour? i thought i saw one.. Good for Carnival throwing this idoits off! They need better security too..

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-27-2010, 08:36 AM

I agree macmom, at least they had (and used)that option (kicking them off). Unfortunately brawls do happen in bars and for the number of bars in all of Carnival's ships, I'll bet this is very rare.

B
Old 08-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
They need better security too
I agree. They looked like the keystone kops in the videos. Very Barney Fife-like. They didn't contain the incident and looked like amateurs just pushing people apart continually. I believe they carry handcuffs and pepper spray. Not sure why they didn't put all the perps on the deck and cuff them.

I'll bet that if just two vacationing police officers from NYC, or Boston, or LA had been present they would have taken care of it quickly.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:44 AM

The guy that got kicked in the head looked hurt. I am surprised charges were not filed against some of them.

Yea Dave, a couple Cops, Marines, or any service personnel on vacation would have ended that in a hurry.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Princess security would have had that contained in minutes; have you seen those guys?
Old 08-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Doesn't Princess have former British Gurkhas in security? One of them would have wiped the floor with those Carnival passengers.

As with police forces, when it comes to security size matters. Having a more imposing physical presence can often keep things from getting out of control.

There is a reason night club bouncers are usually big men who don't smile much.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Doesn't Princess have former British Gurkhas in security?
Exactly right Dave; and yes, size does matter.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Doesn't Princess have former British Gurkhas in security
I read about a riot that happened in Hong Kong when it was still under British Rule.

The Gurkhas were able to disperse the crowd quite qickly. The Gurkhas were all lined up in a row, and pulled their Kurkri knives out 1/2 inch, one inch ...

After 2 inches, the crowd realized, if they pull them out all the way, they will have to draw blood, so lets leave know before anyone gets hurt
Old 08-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Banned

Clyde was the DJ in the Dream disco that night. He is the roommate of a good friend of mine who is the karaoke host currently onboard the Dream.

It was really scary!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, caliante, carnival, cayman, club, cruise, dream, fight, fights, gurkha, gurkhas, hawaii, incident, passenger, reviews