Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Speaking of hair gel...

I hate to comment on personal appearance, but there was one family on the Elation last month which really rose to the occasion.

Dad had a blond ponytail/mullet looking section of hair and the rest of his scalp was shaved down. Their kids - which looked to be from 7 to 11 or so in age - each had spiked mohawks. But wait, there's more! These were also spiked mohawks in delightful florescent colors.

Oddly, "Mom" had a normal hairdo. I saw them on embarkation day and was glad to know they weren't going to be at our table. But wouldn't you know it...a few nights later we sat down at a table at karaoke and guess who walked right in and sat right down in the open seats? And they didn't even ask.

It was like a Star Wars bar scene, and I did wish I had a light sabre.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:51 PM

I think I saw them on Wife Swap once.

Some folks apparently have an inherent need for attention is all I can figure. Their hair would have probably glowed if there were black lights on. I'm just the opposite and don't like attention or people looking at me. Probably a psychological leftover from being called names in grade school for having red hair. To each his own I guess.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:01 AM

OMG Dave, that is too funny! Right from the "sort of" baby blue tux to the Star Wars bar scene. I'm laughing like crazy. Thanks for that! The wife swap comment was funny also Island Cruz.

B
Old 08-06-2010, 12:46 PM

It's nice when your cruise have a memorial moment(s) like Dave's. Sky blue tux.... they still make those things? Well I guess we can say mom knows best... for herself.
I can't wait, August 15 I will set sail on the Victory (Southern) packing some of my things today. Oh and by the way I have a black tux.
All be good and be good to all even if they appear to be a family (exclude mom) from Star Wars.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:02 PM

Dave, oh that was YOUR table my husband, kids and I sat down at??? Wow!!

Old 08-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Dave, oh that was YOUR table my husband, kids and I sat down at???
I thought it was you but I didn't want to interrupt since Lisa's husband was singing "New York, New York".
Old 08-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Deege2424:
My family and I usually dress for dinner when we go out while home. We love to dress for dinner on the cruise Tux and all.
Cheers for you. My Wife and I dress to the nines for the cruises. How often do you get a chance to really dress up. I am a little dissapointed that others don't as well but it is their decision. When there are 2 formal nights I do full battle dress Kilt and the second my Tux. Needless to say about a third of my luggage is formal wear but I think it's worth it. Especially when my Kilt attracts special attention and it usually does.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Administrator

So, since lederhosen or tracht is deemed suitable for formal functions in Germany and Austria, and is considered to be the Bavarian equivalent of a kilt, I wonder if the anti-shorts crowd will have a problem if I show up on my next formal night wearing leather shorts (lederhosen)? After all, my family comes from Bavaria and the Palatinate regions of Germany.

I guess the knee socks makes it formal.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Here we go! This complete outfit is around $800. Lederhosen
Old 08-10-2010, 08:35 PM

CruiseDad, I think that is wonderful!

Dave, I've yet to see anyone wearing Lederhosen in the MDR. I say go for it! If they won't let you in on Cruise Elegant night, you may have a discrimination issue.

Closed Thread

Tags
america, bahamas, caribbeans, carival, carnival, cozumel, cruise, day, elation, formal, holland, knickers, lederhosen, night, royal