Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 12:53 PM

Ok...so I just got back from the Estascy on the 12th and I stayed in a Cat 1A. It was great. Big enough for one possibly 2. I was in E189. They had a flat screen Tv in the corner up close to the ceiling. The top bed was up in the wall and only bothered me when I bumped my head on it at night! My cabin steward was non exsistant so I did not know that I could move the lower bed around, but I found that out later. There was plenty of drawer and closet space. And I brought a LOT of clothes. I was able to push my suit cases under the bed and out of the way. The bathroom was pretty small but no smaller then the 4A I had been in before. Its the same step up and over set up. The shower is fine, I am a big girl and I had no issues with its size. Not a lot of water pressure however, and I did not have any issues with the shower flooding the bathroom floor. There are 2 small tables that you can move around and set stuff on. I used one as a fan table. I travel with a small fan and it worked out great. The size is pretty comparable to a 4A. I think for the most part its the same size, but it looks bigger because you dont have the sofa or 2 beds taking up room.

I did shot video and take photos, however, I left my memory card on the ship in the cabin safe. Carnival tells me that when they find it they will send and I will post photos and video then.

Bahama's / Fantasy / 2003
Old 02-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Administrator

I hope you get your memory card. That would be a bummer if it got lost.

You have validated what I knew about the 1A cabins. A perfect option for a single passenger with plenty of room. Thanks for the report.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:28 PM

Ohh yeah, its more then enough room for one person. I enjoyed it. I am actually booking it again but on the Conquest. I was waiting to book to see if I liked the cabin or not, and I really do.

I called Carnival today about the memory card and they say that they are still logging in everything that was left behind and that I should get it soon. I hope so, it would be a tragedy if I had to take the whole cruise again just to take more photos and video!

Old 02-18-2009, 01:41 PM

Hi RavenDays, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Sounds like your cruise was a success. I sure hope they find your memory card, too. What a bummer! Thank you for your review of the cabin. Hope you enjoyed the ports!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:02 PM

Welcome back, RavenDays!

Thanks for the report. I've stayed in 1A cabins a few times and found them to be just fine other than bumping my head when I had the bottom bunk and the upper was down. It is a common misconception that they are that much smaller than the 4A's, if any. This is most likely due to the odd cabin configuration.

I hope they find your memory card, and you get it forwarded to you. I bet you will double check the safe from now on!

Hopefully, a honest person will find it and turn it in. They are pretty good at logging in lost and found items.

Dwayne
Old 02-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the report on 1A. I just booked my nephew for 1A on the Triumph. It has 2 portholes and probably bunk beds but I couldn't tell him much else. He is a big guy. I'll pass it on that he will have the time of his life and the cabin will be fine.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CruiseDad:
Thanks for the report on 1A. I just booked my nephew for 1A on the Triumph. It has 2 portholes and probably bunk beds but I couldn't tell him much else. He is a big guy. I'll pass it on that he will have the time of his life and the cabin will be fine.
Ohh absolutely. I am looking at booking one for next year on the Dream. My daughter wants to go and I figure this is the cheapest way since I know neither of us will spend much time in the cabin. I will say that my cabin's location got a lot of vibration since it was in the aft section, but it did not bother me one bit. I knew when we were docking but again, not a big deal, I looked it as a wakeup call and to get up and get moving!

Old 02-20-2009, 11:57 PM

Those are the best 1A's on a Fantasy class ship IMHO. Just had E181 on Fantasy B2B. I've also had E181 on the Ecstasy. Great for solos and good deck.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Those are the best 1A's on a Fantasy class ship IMHO. Just had E181 on Fantasy B2B. I've also had E181 on the Ecstasy.
Yes they are. They look to be quite a bit bigger than those on the Riviera deck.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cabins, card, carniva, carnival, cat, cheap, cruise, e181, e189, ecstasy, fantasy, pictures, report, ship