Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 05:55 PM
We will be crusing on February 14th! My wife asked me if there would be a Valentine dinner/dance. (She says she would have to pack a red dress if they do.) I told her I believe they do some holiday specials, but I was not sure about Valentine's Day. Could someone enlighten us, please?
Thanks, Papa
Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 PM

I've not cruised during Valentine's Day before, so I don't know for sure. I would think they would have some kind of special events for dancing after dinner in some of the lounges. She should probably pack the red dress, if for any other reason the photo opportunities.

Dwayne
Old 02-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the reply, Dwayne. The Mrs. will pack the dress just in case. I thought for sure someone on this site would have saild on Valentine's Day.
Papa
Old 02-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Papa55,
I have sailed on Valentines Day last year but not on Carnival. We were on Celebrity Solstice and we had dinner at one of the specialty restaurants, It was very nice and they were giving the women a long stem red roses after dinner. They did also sell doz of red roses too. Tell your wife to take the RED DRESS for sure !!!

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 02-04-2010, 08:12 PM

Jan, Thank you, that is a great idea to celebrate Valentine's Day!

Papa, you are welcome for the reply. Janfred's suggestion of a specialty restaurant for dinner is spot on for Valentine's Day as an option. The Freedom has the Sun King (reservations-recommended) Steakhouse. The charge is $30 per person and well worth it, especially for a special occasion. The Steakhouses don't always get booked to capacity for the dining times. However, it could with it being Valentine's Day.

So, if you decide on doing this, here is what I recommend;

Go on the Carnival site, then My Cruise - My Reservation. There should be a place to request a reservation at the Steakhouse for that date. They no longer confirm the online requests by email. If you have a Travel Agent they can take care of this for you. Now, when you first get on the ship check to make sure you are on the reservation list.

Dwayne
Old 02-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Thanks again, Dwayne. More great advice!

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, carnival, cruise, cruises, crusie, day, dinner, events, line, myrtle, reviews, sc, special, st, valentine, valentines