Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi guys
I got This situation my nephew want to go in a cruise with me and my wife and we will like to take him with us, problem is, he is a minor.
I don't really know what kind of documents I need besides the passport.

What documents you need in order to travel on carnival cruises with a minor when you are not their legal guardian??
Old 08-03-2009, 12:41 PM

My son has traveled on cruises with a friend of mine and her family. We had to do a notarized statement that she had our permission to take him out of the country, and our permission to seek medical treatment for him if necessary, with our health insurance info. His dad and I both signed it.

Hope it helps!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-03-2009, 12:47 PM

Cas, It is my understanding of Carnival's rules that they would be required to be in the same cabin with you (a guardian 25 or over) if you are not the Parent, Grandparent, or legal Guardian. Cruise Fanatic probably knows for sure about any additional papers required.

I'm glad you brought this up, my nephew wants to go with me next year.

Dwayne
Old 08-03-2009, 05:27 PM

Yes, you will need a notorized statement signed by the parents. Ask your TA if she can get a form from the cruise line. It is always good to fax the form/letter ahead of time to the cruise line, plus hand carry the original.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the answer guys

My question was mainly because a friend last year had a Bad situation at the port during boarding, It was not with carnival cruise line was other cruiseline, this was the problem:

The husband died during the year and she was cruising with their daughter, She had all the notarized papers but the port authorities insisted on seen the official deceased declaration that is given by the Puerto Rico government in order to let them board ship, as you can imagine, the had to travel all the way back to Mayagüez in order to find it, get the needed papers and then again travel back all the way to San Juan. This is mostly two hours from San Juan to Mayagüez and two hours on their way back. Thank God they had follow the advice to arrive early this is a good example of why those cutting close arrivals does not work…
Old 08-04-2009, 07:39 AM

Wow, that is a major success story. It's amazing that she was able to get the death certificate papers that quickly in the first place, then to fight the traffic both ways and still make the ship-fantastic! Had she called the cruise line to find out what she needed? Did no one tell her? Wow, that's just amazing, Cas.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Actually she already have them on their house becuase usually you need them for mostly every important goverment transaction. In our island burocracy is almost a sport...

For all I know the cruise company told the TA what documents were needed problem is that that specific document was not one of them, In my case I don't know why she did not bring it with her knowing how "clever" our goverment is, but no one told her. My guess that was mostly our port autorities and not the cruise line they change their rule from time to time and never say anything to the future travelers...
Old 08-05-2009, 02:49 AM

could someone please confirm for me that as a non us citizen that the only proof of id i need is my passport.

i do not drive so i dont have a drivers licence and medical cards here do not have photos on them

Old 08-05-2009, 07:32 AM

Hi fairground, welcome to Cruise-Chat. As far as I know a passport is all one needs. Just to make sure, you should call your travel agent or the cruise line and get it in writing so there are no surprises at the port.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:42 AM

ty for your reply penny i did actually ring carnival a couple of weeks ago but i just wanted to make sure

Closed Thread