Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 09:59 PM

I'm sure most of you know Carnival sent out a mass email yesterday regarding required cruise documents. Not sure if this was sent to all booked guests, or just those within a certain time frame before sailing. There has been a lot of confusion out there regarding what constitutes an acceptable Birth Certificate and other required documents.

For those of you that didn't get one you can view it HERE.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Seems like they left out the one most important word in regard to birth certificates: "CERTIFIED."
Old 10-01-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
Seems like they left out the one most important word in regard to birth certificates: "CERTIFIED."
I noticed that too! Upon further investigation here, I saw "certified" was no longer mentioned. The one thing they emphasized was it being from the Department of Vital Records versus a Hospital Birth Record.

This topic got my attention last week from reading posts somewhere else regarding this as I had sent my "Certified" copy in with my Passport application. Which has not came back yet, but is due early next week. Panic started setting in with me because all I have now is a plastic card issued from the state of Va. Then I read that was no longer acceptable with Carnival. Well, that proved to be wrong after I called them (3 times to verify) and they said it was if it was issued by Vital Statistics of the state.

Of course we all recommend getting a Passport. However, some folks still use Birth Certificates for "Closed Loop" cruises. I may be one if I don't get my Passport by next Friday.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:34 AM
Administrator

Also - "Department Of Vital Records" is not common to all states. In Alabama, birth certificates are issued by the Health Department.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:46 AM
Just get a passport.. No worries then..

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-01-2010, 07:18 AM

PASSPORT PASSPORT!!! Why can't everyone just get a passport if they want to travel and be done with it!!! I think that all cruise lines should only make one statement: ONLY DOC ALLOW IS A PASSPORT!!! Case close, same as the airlines. We have always carry a passport the past 60 years. My Mom and Dad made sure that we all had passports and nothing else. All this is doing is causing major confusion.
Sorry, but we do not understand people why they refuse to get a passport. We know it cost money every 5 years, but if you want to travel, get it. Everyone spend big bucks on the trip.
Thanks for listening.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:30 PM
In the U.S. they are good for 10 years; I agree with you completely--get the passport and be done with it.

Closed Thread

Tags
acceptable, back, bahamas, belize, canaveral, carnival, caymenocho, cozumel, cruise, documents, miamigrand, mobile, needed, passport, port, requirement, rios