Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Carnival Pride schedule changes (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/4859-carnival-pride-schedule-changes.html)

Sandy 07-07-2010 09:40 AM

Carnival has had to reschedule the Carnival Pride's drydock refurbishment. This has made it necessary to CANCEL the Pride's November 7 and November 14, 2010 cruises from Baltimore,

Anyone who is scheduled to sail the Pride either Nov. 7 or 14 should get in touch with their travel agent immediately. If you booked through Carnival, call Carnival.

Bill S 07-07-2010 10:36 AM

Hi Sandy,

What a nightmare, especially if someone is away and can't be reached.

Regards,

Bill

Dave 07-07-2010 10:40 AM

I'll probably regret bringing it up, but is Carnival offering any compensation?

Cruise Fanatic 07-07-2010 02:26 PM

The good news is final payment wasn't due yet. The bad news is if they already got their own air.

Sandy 07-07-2010 02:48 PM

It will be interesting, too, to see how they fill the ship during the two weeks they THOUGHT the Pride would be in drydock...

I'm sure there will be compensation of sorts. I don't know yet what that is.

Not only may air have been purchased, but vacation time reserved for the last year, perhaps kids' school complications, not to mention some Thanksgiving issues!

Could be a nightmare, indeed.

Cruise Fanatic 07-07-2010 03:06 PM

It was scheduled for drydock Feb 6 - 20, 2011. Feb 6 is Superbowl Sunday. If they put some attractive pricing out there, it shouldn't be too hard to sell with seven months left.

Dwayne 07-08-2010 04:09 AM

This has actually happened a few times before. I don't think they will have any problem filling the ship. If there is one thing Carnival knows how to do it's fill ships.

tim c 07-08-2010 05:31 AM

Thats a bad deal if you have already bought airfare.. On our cruise I bought the airfare way back in Febuary for a cruise in nov,It was a deal then.. I remember when Katrina hit 4 weeks before our cruise on the holiday and they canceled the cruise.. sad thing is that carnival NEVER called us,nor did they offer a deal to get us on another cruise,, Sometimes they are bad about costumer care!

Cruise Fanatic 07-08-2010 07:41 AM

Yes, Everyone knows that unscheduled dry docks happen, and have happened with all cruise lines. When this happens, cruise lines normally will reimburse the exchange fee for those already holding airline tickets that they bought on their own. They really aren't obligated to do even that, since they offer their own air program. Also, this is another reason everyone should take out insurance. Sandy's original post was to help those who may not have heard the news, since we all know cruise lines don't always get the message out to everyone affected.