Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Hello folks, I am not sure if this question has been asked before.

My next cruise will be number 10, so I will get the VIP boarding. I would like to bring my in-laws with me. If I book 2 separate rooms, will everybody in the party get the VIP boarding? It would be kind of silly if I get on the ship in 10 minutes, but my in-laws would have to go through the line.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Strictly speaking, I believe they have to be under the same Sign & Sail account or booking as you. Carnival isn't too consistent from port-to-port about enforcement. I've heard some ports like Miami are strict, but others (such as Mobile) the VIP staff will go retrieve non-VIP S&S cards.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:13 PM

Congrats on becoming Platinum!

Yes, the official rule is they need to share the same Sail & Sign account, or if there is another cabin on the booking with minor children.

I've actually had cruise friends go through the line at Tampa quicker than I went through VIP check-in. I still was taken on the ship first though. As Dave mentioned it will depend on the strictness of the check-in agent. I've also seen them go get non VIP cards for people a few times.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:47 AM
Banned

You don't say which port and that is important.

Miami is the strictest I have seen. (but that is because the complex is a good size and the non VIP cards are on the other side of the complex.

Smaller terminals like New Orleans...the non VIP check in desk is 3 steps from the VIP office.

However, the official rule is that the only folks who get to go through VIP are:

people actually in YOUR cabin,
minor children in another cabin,
or any individual in another cabin that has their Sail and Sign card covered by YOUR credit card.

Make sure your TA or PVP has linked your cabins so that you get the same dining time and table.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks for your help. For the record, we would be going on the Dream out of Port Canaveral.

It looks like the credit card is the best way and we did that on the the Legend. Being from Canada, I am the only one in the party with a US Dollar denominated Credit card. This way, they do not charge me a 2.5% foreign currency conversion fee (and a crappy exchange rate to begin with).
Old 07-30-2010, 05:58 PM

Port Canaveral has one of the best (if not the best) VIP check in process and staff. Check your PM's (Private Messages) I sent you a tip about this.

Dwayne
Old 07-31-2010, 06:44 AM

Just to clarify: People who are staying in your cabin with you can check in through the VIP area with you? Do they have to be minor children?

I am curious because I usually cruise with a group of girlfriends. I will be platinum soon but the others won't be. We stay in the same stateroom, but we always separate our sail and sign accounts. I would rather hang out in the main area with them than sit by myself in the VIP room.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-31-2010, 11:58 AM

Your travel companions in the same cabin can check in with you.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoiled:
Just to clarify: People who are staying in your cabin with you can check in through the VIP area with you? Do they have to be minor children?

I am curious because I usually cruise with a group of girlfriends. I will be platinum soon but the others won't be. We stay in the same stateroom, but we always separate our sail and sign accounts. I would rather hang out in the main area with them than sit by myself in the VIP room.
No, they do not have to be minor children if you are all in the same cabin. Anyone of any age can check in with you that is listed in your cabin.

Yes, you can still have separate sail and sign accounts.

The "must be on the same Sail and Sign account" is ONLY when you are talking about separate cabins.....
Old 07-31-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
No, they do not have to be minor children if you are all in the same cabin. Anyone of any age can check in with you that is listed in your cabin.

Yes, you can still have separate sail and sign accounts.

The "must be on the same Sail and Sign account" is ONLY when you are talking about separate cabins.....
Thanks LHP for saying that better. I think I may have added to the confusion by just answering the question in the original post.

Closed Thread

Tags
add, cabins, card, carnival, cruise, deals, guest, multiple, orleans, platinum, post, pvp, room, sails, staterooms, vip, youcarnival