Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 05:16 PM

Do they not send these in advance anymore?Leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale on May 8th and have not received anything in the mail. Carnival cound not give me a clear answer. Was told to "hang on too" my luggage when we arrived at the terminal. Hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Mark
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas 2009
Carnival Freedom 2010
Old 04-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Administrator

They send a luggage tag in their e-docs, which you can print out and attach to your bags. You didn't get e-docs? While it may sound fragile, I've actually had good luck with them.

But regardless, don't worry about it. The luggage porters at the pier will have tags which you can fill out and attach. In fact they will not touch a bag unless it has a tag attached so they will hand you some tags if they don't see them on the bag. Have your cabin number handy, and I suggest you bring along a Sharpie type marker to fill them out.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:22 PM

You get onto carnivals website and go to your documents and you can print them off. I use a clear plastic sleeve that college students use for a paper, cut it to cover the whole tag and use packaging tape on the cut end, works great then when you get to the port they stapled ours on for us!

Hope that helps! Have a wonderful cruise!!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:20 PM

Look HERE for a Carnival FAQ guide about the docs and luggage tags. I miss getting them in the mail too.

Dwayne
Old 04-23-2010, 06:29 AM
I have some feedback on the question "Do I have to print the whole document ?"

For those of us who would be coming in from other countries, it would be a good idea to print the page with the itineraries on it.

I have been asked by US Customs to see a copy of an itinerary, and the same question coming back home through Canadian Customs
- that time id didn't have it because it was the paper booklet era, and there was no time to print a replacement book after Hurricane Wilma.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:29 AM

PC GUY, yes that page and the one that has any prepaid excursions listed on it is all I bring (not that I am coming in from out of country) But the rest is fluff that you really don't need. Read it if you have not done so before, but you don't need to print it. I say to bring the excursion page in case there is a dispute on if you booked the excursion.. you can show them you did.

We print out luggage enough luggage tags for us and sandwich each between two pieces of clear packing tape leaving one piece of tape longer than the tag. You can then loop the tag around a luggage handle and stick the overhanging tape to the back of the tag loop.... you can tug test it if you like but it takes some strong pulling to get it off and it does not tear.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-24-2010, 08:33 PM

I have a question, is the cruise ticket in with the e docs?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Welcome to cruise-chat, Chelle J.

Yes, the e-docs have your cruise ticket although all you really need is your "Funpass" which shows that you have completed checking in via the on-line method. When I show up for a Carnival cruise the only things I have in my hands are the Funpass, my passport, and the credit card I am using for my onboard account. That is all they need, and frankly all they want.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
quote:
Welcome to cruise-chat, Chelle J.

Yes, the e-docs have your cruise ticket although all you really need is your "Funpass" which shows that you have completed checking in via the on-line method. When I show up for a Carnival cruise the only things I have in my hands are the Funpass, my passport, and the credit card I am using for my onboard account. That is all they need, and frankly all they want.

And while it CAN be a different credit card than the one you put on the FUN PASS it is quicker if you use the same one, then the agent needs to do very little to sign you in.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:44 PM
I miss the old tags

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
back, carnival, coming, cruise, customs, fun, hang, imagination, legend, luggage, markers, miami, pass, port, tag, tags