Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 07:36 PM
my wife said it was the conquest. sorry

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-16-2009, 03:49 AM

It's my understanding the certificates are only good for the face value "towards" (not the total) amount of the required deposit. Then the bonus is with getting the on board credit. Now, there is some conflicting information as to whether the required deposit will be discounted at time of booking, or you have to send it in after paying the full amount of the deposit and then they credit it back.

One of you, Jim or Tim, should call them and ask today and see what they say. Well, actually you both should call and see if you both get the same answer.

I found this flyer.

Dwayne
Old 10-16-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
my wife said it was the conquest. sorry
I didn't know either.

Dwayne
Old 10-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Banned

Also be aware that they can not be used with the Military Discount or Interline Discount.

But they CAN be used with all other discounts and you get it in addition to the Stockholder's OBC.

We bought 10 on the Freedom and have used 3 without an issue.

While the presentation may say "applies to the downpayment"....the earlier poster is correct. It is applied to the final payment...NOT the downpayment.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
While the presentation may say "applies to the downpayment"....the earlier poster is correct. It is applied to the final payment...NOT the downpayment.
Thanks LHP! I think I added to the confusion by saying toward the deposit. Tim C was correct. They go towards payments after the deposit is made.

Dwayne
Old 10-18-2009, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
quote:
Thanks LHP! I think I added to the confusion by saying toward the deposit. Tim C was correct. They go towards payments after the deposit is made.

Dwayne

The representatives on the ship say "deposit" as well. So you are in good company!!! LOL
Old 10-18-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
The representatives on the ship say "deposit" as well. So you are in good company!!! LOL
Thanks! I think.

Dwayne
Old 01-18-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LHP:
Also be aware that they can not be used with the Military Discount or Interline Discount.

But they CAN be used with all other discounts and you get it in addition to the Stockholder's OBC.

We bought 10 on the Freedom and have used 3 without an issue.

I am frustrated with this at the moment! I also purchased a couple of these certificates. I came home from my last cruise, and booked my new one and received the Welcome Home Credit, and now when I try to use my Certificate, they are telling me I can't use both the welcome home credit (which is $50), AND the certificate. WHY??? I am trying to fight it with my PVP, and am still hoping I can get both. Have you run into this problem?
Old 01-18-2010, 08:00 AM

Other cruise lines have rules against double dipping as well. You use the better of the two offers.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
I am frustrated with this at the moment! I also purchased a couple of these certificates. I came home from my last cruise, and booked my new one and received the Welcome Home Credit, and now when I try to use my Certificate, they are telling me I can't use both the welcome home credit (which is $50), AND the certificate. WHY??? I am trying to fight it with my PVP, and am still hoping I can get both. Have you run into this problem?
Hi lharry, Just curious as to when you booked the cruise originally? The reason being is because Carnival was suppose to stop honoring the Welcome Home Promotion August 9th 2009.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
100, 10000, 200, apply, carnival, certificate, certificates, credit, cruise, deposit, future, onboard, rules, worthwhile, years