Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2004, 09:18 PM

I was on the Conquest that left on aug 1st from new orleans, and when we left jamaica to head to grand cayman, 3 young guys (mid/early twenties) were not allowed back on the boat, anyone hear about why or see this as well?
Old 08-16-2004, 12:01 AM

Hmm - Let me think? Jamaica, 3 young guys - my bet would be trying to bring some "ganja" aboard. Don't know what actually happened with those three, but I do know that on a Jamaica cruise I took - a couple of teenagers were not allowed back on board and their parents were told they could either pay for their return to the states from there, leave them in Jamaica on their own, or get off the ship with them. In any event - the boys were not going to be permitted back on board because they had tried to smuggle some weed onto the ship.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:33 AM

I can't imagine anything worse. Unfortunately, everywhere you go in Ocho Rios or Mo Bay, you are offered ganja to the point where younger people would find it difficult to say no if they used the stuff.

Security doesn't llok all that tight to a young man, so they get caught. Too bad for the kids and the parents.

Tom
Old 08-16-2004, 10:44 AM

I, too, encountered a similar scenario on a cruise. However, the parents were given one other option - they would allow the boys to board the ship, but they would be held in the brig (sp?) until they arrived back in the states and would then be turned over to authorities on charges of possession. In this case the parents packed up and joined their son and his friend on shore (none to happy, I might add).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
board, carnival, cruise, forum, ganga, jamaica, left, marijuana, onboard, orleans, reviews, ship, sneak, sneaking, weed