Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 07:41 AM

we are finally doing something other then carribean, we are headed to alaska. planning on may of 2011. any suggestions?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:07 AM

That's very broad. What type of information are you looking for?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 AM

excursions, what is the best port canada or seattle. mostly what to do
Old 06-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Start here to narrow down your options. As you mentioned a Seattle embarkation, I imagine you're planning an Inside Passage cruise, but I've been wrong before.

This is JMHO, but I think you've made a great decision to cruise Alaska.

BTW, are you set on Carnival, or are you also considering other lines?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:25 AM

thanks, we have our 10 cruises with carnival so it is just easy for us to stay. alaska is new to us but i think the inside passage is what i have heard is nice. I know we want to do a whale watching tour. thats it. and I think we are going with a balcony on this cruise, if the price is ok.
air fare cost almost as much as the cruise but we want to do it.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:48 AM

Since Carnival only has one ship, the Carnival Spirit sailing Alaska you are limited. The Spirit just started sailing out of Seattle roundtrip. The Spirit stops in Tracy Arm Fjord and not one of the glaciers. I just did Tracy Arm Fjord on Celebrity. While it is pretty, it isn't as impressive as Hubbard Glacier or Glacier Bay. If you've never seen any of them though, you won't know the difference. Also, the stop in Victoria doesn't allow much time to do much. The only reason they stop in Victoria at all is to fulfill the Jones Act law. They will offer a Buchart Gardens tour in Victoria, but your actual time at the gardens would be very limited when you factor in the travel to/from time. Juneau is the best port for whale watching. Last week we saw a mother and baby humpback swimming together, and we also saw a pod of about 13-15 humpbacks doing what they call "bubble feeding". If you book your cruise early enough you should get a good price on a balcony. The airfare for roundtrip out of Seattle should be much cheaper, but you have more options when you do one way cruises.

Closed Thread

Tags
canada, forum, victoria