Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 11:10 AM

Cruise lines are reporting that people are starting to book farther out again. Therefore; as already stated, as the ship fills up prices will increase. So for best availability and prices book early. Particularly on seasonal destinations. With Carnival's Early Saver rates prices are best when booked far in advance, and must be booked 5 and 7 months out.(Depending on length of cruise).
Old 02-25-2010, 11:33 AM

Alot of people really like cruiseing. There are some really good prices right now if you look around.

Cruise #28 on Carnival Cruise line
Old 02-25-2010, 03:33 PM

I responded to the mail. I told them if prices go up, I can not afford to book, they would loose my business.
Just wanted to give them some feedback.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
I responded to the mail. I told them if prices go up, I can not afford to book, they would loose my business.
Just wanted to give them some feedback.
Nothing wrong with some feedback. They do need to make a profit though just like any other business. That way they'll be able to pay for the new ships on order rather than look for financing at the last minute like another cruise line had to.

Speaking of feedback, and this is totally off topic I know so please forgive. Blue Lagoon island had been off of the shore excursion list for several years for Nassau. It had been damaged multiple times by hurricanes. The tour operator comped an excursion last November for me to re-visit the island and facilities. It was beyond expectations.

Anyways, I sent in a report and review to the shore excursion dept. recommending they reinstate this excursion. Not sure my report had anything to do with it, but guess what?

Blue Lagoon Private Island Getaway.

I guess my point is that they do listen to feedback.

Dwayne
Old 02-26-2010, 03:55 AM
Dwayne.. you are very correct about Carnival needing to make a profit.I am surprised that they have not yer raised the fuel surcharge yet anyway. Profit keeps them running there company Economics 101.I can understand why they have to raise there rates,and yes it does make some people not able to afford a cruise. Myself i am legally blind on SSDI,my wife is the onlyone who works, so in order for us to go on one we book 10mo out. We make the payments every month. we tell everyone we put our vacation on layaway lol. I am paying less now for a 7 day cruise then i did 4 years ago. the last 3 cruises average less than $389.00 ppr.I know one day prices may get too high for us,but that is the way it goes.And yes Blue lagoon island is a awesome place.We went there on our first cruise and we loved it!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-26-2010, 04:19 AM
Tim you are so correct about putting your vacation on layaway! LOL! A really good friend of mine who hasn't cruised yet, but is thinking about going on one this year I told her the exact same thing a few weeks ago.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:33 AM
Well think about it.put your deposit down, then make $30.00-$40.00 payments a month..If you look at the big picture a cruise is the most affordable vacation out there! And what a great layaway program lol!

Old 02-26-2010, 06:53 AM

I do believe they need to make a profit, but how much is a different thing. They owe it to the stock holders to give them a return for their investment, but how much? They also need to keep prices within reach during these times.
Tim we do the same thing. Then when we have the cruise paid for we buy some gift certificates to use for on-board credit, then pre-pay for our excursions. Once we board the cruise is pretty much paid for.

We have done the same thing with our land vacation this year. Condo is paid. Since we paid in advance we are getting a extra day! All lodging going and coming are paid. Even have a few tours booked and paid. Now for the unknown... how much will we spend on the Grandkids???

Old 02-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Those grandkids are expensive As far as our cruise in nov, I have already got our plane tickets(they were cheap already shocker!). Booked the hotel for the nite before(laquinta miami)and looking at shore excursions next. My wife says i am crazy for doing it so early.but thats when you get the best deals and also its all paid for when you arrive

Old 02-26-2010, 09:32 AM

While it can be done. I think the Cruise lines could market a "lay-a-way plan" and do well with it. I know locally Wal-mart and K-mart and getting back into it and it seems to be good for business.

Closed Thread

Tags
advance, book, carnival, carnivals, cayman, cozumel, cruise, dawn, day, early, grand, ncl, prices, rate, rates, saver, up