Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 09:26 AM

My wife and I are sailing on Carnival Victory from Puerto Rico in May and we're thinking about booking the Shipwreck snorkel and Pirates Party Cruise in Barbados through the ship's shore excursions. Anyone have any experience with this excursion? Thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 08:08 AM

Hi kingrwk, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I've done the shipwreck snorkel excursion and really enjoyed it. It was listed differently then from the Party Cruise. We did the snorkel and then went to a beach. One of the Pirate Party boats pulled up to the beach while we there, everyone looked like they were having a blast.

Dwayne
Old 02-22-2009, 12:12 PM

Thanks Dwayne. Our ship gets to Barbados at 8AM. I think we're gonna do the Coast to Coast Panorama tour and then the Pirates Party cruise, both through Carnival. That way we get to see a lot of the island and also get some time at the beach.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:26 AM

Just remember, the rum punch is potent. We watched a young lady fall in between the ship and the dock one year from way too much rum punch. She spent 3 days of her honeymoon cruise, hung over and sick from her pirate party excursion. My hubby lost 2 days recovering from his.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Just remember, the rum punch is potent. We watched a young lady fall in between the ship and the dock one year from way too much rum punch. She spent 3 days of her honeymoon cruise, hung over and sick from her pirate party excursion. My hubby lost 2 days recovering from his.
Penny, Excellent words of wisdom! We got back to the pier the same time the Jolly Roger did. Everyone from their boat was staggering down the pier. This woman ahead of me in line spewed on the security officer and the card machine!

Dwayne
Old 02-23-2009, 06:58 PM

Ok now you guys have me thinking the Party Cruise might not be the best idea for us. We're both 50ish so that might be a little too much partying for us. Maybe we'll get a taxi and go to the beach on our own. Thanks
Old 02-24-2009, 09:45 AM

You'll be fine, it's just that the rum they use sneaks up on you. I swear some of it is 200 proof They won't let anyone drink until after the snorkeling, unlike the Jolly Roger which is drinking from the time you get on until you hit the dock again. I just wanted to warn you because it sneaks up on people and I'd hate for you to have a hang over on your cruise. Of course, there are those who enjoy that, too.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:45 PM

I looked at the excursion, it is not the infamous Jolly Roger excursion. They do have rum punch included, but shouldn't be anything like what Penny and I have witnessed. It actually looks like a decent deal for the shipwreck and the beach.

Here is a link to what we are discussing.

Dwayne
Old 02-24-2009, 08:04 PM

Thanks for all the info. I thought it was a good deal too, for the price. Maybe we'll go ahead with it.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:26 AM

The Pirates Party in Barbados was one of the favorite excursions I've taken. We loved it and will do it again the next time we are in Barbados. I kept walking the plank and swinging on the wrope enough to get bruses all up my legs. I've been on 32 Carnival with a number of excursions and that one is about my best excursion yet. The rum punch was great on the way back!

Closed Thread

Tags
barbados, beach, boat, carnival, cruise, excursion, fun, party, pirate, reviews, roatan, shepwreck, shipwreck, snorkel, snorkle