Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2004, 01:58 PM

My husband and I are taking our first cruise on august 8th for 7 days. We are both 25 years old. we just found out that our travel agent booked us with bunk beds but we can deal with that. We are porting at grandcayman,belize,costamaya,cozumal. I have readf alot of reviews about the ports and how bad they were and I read about the bost not being nice either. The main thing I am wondering is will I have fun for my first cruise without blowing all my cash? Thanks!!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 01:58 PM

My husband and I are taking our first cruise on august 8th for 7 days. We are both 25 years old. we just found out that our travel agent booked us with bunk beds but we can deal with that. We are porting at grandcayman,belize,costamaya,cozumal. I have readf alot of reviews about the ports and how bad they were and I read about the bost not being nice either. The main thing I am wondering is will I have fun for my first cruise without blowing all my cash? Thanks!!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:21 PM

You will have a great time!!! Your ports are great! Don't listen to what other tprople say about this or that. Just make the experience yours and you will have a great time.

Here is what I would suggest.

Cayman - Sting Ray City
Belize - Go Cave Tubing or to the Beach
Cozumel - Do some shopping then Hit the Beach
Costa Maya - Don't know, haven't been there

BBe sure to check out www.PortReviews.com for lots of info on these ports. Don't worry. How hard is it to eat all you want, enjoy entertainment, dance, laugh and have a great time?
Old 04-28-2004, 09:19 PM

Hi Jillian! I am booking the same cruise August 8th!! We are booking the Ocean view..since it's our honeymoon...oooh laaaa! I have been doing some research and found it's MUCH CHEAPER to do tours through independent companies. Email and we can exchange info..and get together on the ship. I'm 24 by the way..and finace' is 28..but i'll be 25..in July..boy i'm getting old..LOL

Can't wait to talk w/ ya!

erb1016@cox.net
Old 04-28-2004, 09:22 PM

Jillian..i Mis-typed....message:

I was trying to say email me and we can exchange info..on tours for the ship. But i would love to meet up on the ship 2...if u would like

Do u like dancing???
Old 04-28-2004, 09:23 PM

BTW JIllian..did u know Carnival was running the upgrade 4 free today? It ends tommrrow the 29th.

Our trip is 1903, for oceanview.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:00 AM

hey thank you both for all the information. I'm sure we will both have a great time. SMILE...Jillian
Old 04-29-2004, 07:22 AM

Hiya!!!
Okay I do have one more silly question. I'm sort of a casual person actually both my husband and I are jeans and t-shirts kind of people. So on the formal nights could I get away with a skirt and my husband with slacks and a button up shirt or do we have to dress up every night. I know this is nothing but i'm just curious. Some people say you have to dress up and than some say you dont. Okay well have a great day. oh yeah shena I sent you an email! SMILE jillian
Old 04-30-2004, 01:41 PM

My Boy friend and I are going on this Cruise in 2 weeks I will post a full review for you when we return...
Old 05-24-2004, 12:58 PM

Jillian,

I would go back to your Travel Agent and tell them you want a FREE upgrade to a room that doesn't contain bunk beds. There are only a few of those sorts of cabins on every ship, and usually they sell out fast. Good luck. You are going to love cruising. Bon Voyage.

Closed Thread