Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 05:58 AM

I love to cruise, I have cruised enough that I dont even have to run out and buy anything to wear.
I love to dress up. I dont do it in my everyday life so when we cruise I enjoy it. But that is just me. I do what makes me happy. the person sitting beside me in a nice pair of shorts and and a nice shirt doesnt bother me in the the least. but that being said, it is human nature, (or just stubburn people) that will push it to the limit. I certainly hope carnival will encourage the offender to dress more respectfully. that is my only concern with the shorts policy.
I also think the shorts are a sign of the times. Its that way everywhere.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Administrator

Just don't go to Bermuda because shorts are considered perfectly acceptable evening attire. Same for Hawaiian shirts in Hawai'i. Wearing a lei makes it a formal night. And what about those kilts we see on formal nights? That may be acceptable in Scotland and other parts of the UK but why should I have to put up with seeing it? They need to conform to north american standards for dress by God.

Funny thing is most rednecks I know don't even wear shorts. But I have seen some in overalls and flip-flops.

I was going to close this thread since the original question was answered. But instead I'll leave it open and let y'all go back and forth while I'm on the cruise all next week. Besides, it gives us more google hits and makes the forum more profitable.

Have fun and don't hit each other!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:15 AM

Ain't no body gonna hit anyone on my watch.

Dwayne
Old 07-09-2010, 07:03 AM

Dave, have lots of fun on your cruise and when you come back tell us what you observed in the dining room. (I think that would make the cruise tax deductable) I think, but I am no tax expert, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:10 AM

Then you are a tax expert, macmom111

Dave, you and Lisa and families have a marvelous time. Wish I could be there with y'all. Bon Voyage
Old 07-09-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by macmom111:
Dave, have lots of fun on your cruise and when you come back tell us what you observed in the dining room. (I think that would make the cruise tax deductable) I think, but I am no tax expert, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.
Better watch those ships that are registered in foreign ports.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:17 AM

When I was on the Victory in June, my husband and I both wore shorts to dinner (on the cruise casual nights). My husband wears khaki-type shorts and a shirt with a collar. I wear either capri's or bermuda shorts and a nice blouse. With airlines charging the extra baggage fees, I will pack as little as I can get by with.

FYI, I did see two guys in gym shorts, ratty T-shirts and flip-flops get turned away from the dining room. Though honestly, as long as I don't have to see body parts peeking out, I couldn't care less what other people wear in the dining room.

Speaking of peeking-out parts, some of those "formal" gowns - holy cow!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 AM

We are lucky, our airlines do not charge for the first two bags. So this is not a issue with us. We always take two suit cases per person.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:48 PM

Personally I'll take any excuse to dress up, but can any women tell me if it is possible to walk in high heels on board?
Old 07-10-2010, 05:28 AM

Of course it is. Most of the time you won't even feel you're moving. The dancers even dance in high heels performing high kicks and jumps.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cayman, cruise, dining, grand, kids, long, main, room, royal, shorts, wear, whats, words