Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 01:37 PM

On my last cruise, I was suprised to see just how casual dining room atire had become. I was say at 80% of people went very casual most nights. (Shorts, tshirts, sandals, and such) 30% went casual on formal night.
In fact, my husband and I were the only people at our table of 9 to dress for dinner every night. My husband would wear polos and dockers, and I wore simple dresses. I kind of felt over dressed.
Holiday May 2009
Fantasy Feb. 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-15-2010, 09:37 AM

We agree Emily. My wife and I both love dressing up for every dinner in the dinning room. It make us sad to see how the dress code it going down hill. This is why we prefer Princess cruise line. They do not allow shorts in the dinning room at night.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:09 AM

We are due to take our first cruise in less than a month now WOOOOHOOOO!!! Im by FAR a girly girl and can probably count on one hand how many times Ive worn a dress in the past year, but I am planning on dressing up each night. I have a dress for each night of our cruise. My husband says he wants to wear shorts (my aunt and uncle went on a spring break cruise and found out about the shorts and told him about it....thanks) but I have told him that part of the fun is doing something we don't normally do, such as dress up for dinner. I can see both sides of each camp though.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:43 AM

I can see both sides, too, tctwhite. I just enjoy dressing up and it's such a nice experience to see my hubby dressed up, too. I always tell him how handsome he looks. I only get to see him in shorts or jeans, sometimes he'll wear a t-shirt, but at home, he never does. I know men think they're hot, but believe me, he's not all that. I do so enjoy seeing him looking nice, it's a real treat for me.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I know men think they're hot,
Well, lots of us have moved beyond that lightweight "6 pack abs" stuff that younger men like to show off. I think I have half-keg abs.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cayman, cruise, dining, grand, kids, long, main, room, royal, shorts, wear, whats, words