Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 08:04 PM

Hi Zydecocruiser, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

You can edit a post by clicking on the middle yellow icon on the bottom right of the post. The one that looks like a file folder with a pencil eraser. I think the time limit is set at 30 minutes.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 08-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Hi Zydecocruiser! Welcome to cruise-chat.

Actually, our software is set up to only allow editing within a 30 minute window. Do it then or die by the sword. Or, you can ask a staffer to edit something. I know it might sound silly, but we don't want people going back in time and editing their messages and altering reality.

John is so cool! We are so happy he mentioned our forum on his blog. But then we are also annoyed that he didn't previously know of our existence. He needs to "get out there", and explore more websites.

Meanwhile I am looking at various plans to force feed medium rare hamburgers to the woman who accosted John about his girth. (Those of us who are overweight don't say so...we call ourselves "Men of girth".)
Old 08-01-2009, 08:18 PM

Nah... I'm ok - it pops up a new window which I had disabled or otherwise concealed.

It now seems my browserS are working mo' bettah, now.

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 08-01-2009, 09:18 PM

Welcome from me too Zydecocruiser! I'm glad you decided to visit.

Dave- I agree, I can't believe someone would actually say those things to another person. I understand it is a money making venture for the women but really. I also can't believe she could honestly think people are going to want to attend a "eat less because you are a fat cow" seminar while on a cruise (which is, lets face it, a big pig out fest). It would be like setting up a temperance meeting in a bar...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-02-2009, 01:24 AM

Hello Cruise Chatters,
I just followed the link off John's Blog to here also. So first time here for me too but it's nice to see two familiar people already the Queen of Karaoke LHP, and Zydocruises Lord of the photos. I too am sailing on the CTN on the Dream from NY, i've done a few CTN with carnival they do a good job. Too bad it's not a bloggers cruise but it's the one prior so I get to use everything first still. It's also the first cruise after the ship is christened so that is kinda special

Caribbean Princess 2006

Carnival Triumph 2007

Carnival Miracle 2007

Mariner of the Seas 2008

Carnival Fantasy 2009

Carnival Dream 2009

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 08-02-2009, 04:38 AM
ChefKevin and Zydecocruiser - Welcome Aboard to cruise-chat!!! We spend many happy hours here, especially the long hours ashore to get our "cruisefixes" to tide us over when we are "on the beach"and between ships! This is a very user friendly web site and a great source of information for all things cruising plus!

As you must have already noted - Dave is our fearless leader and we are all his fearful followers! (this is an attempt at humor!) ....most importantly...we all love cruising and the things that go along with it!!! Visit us often and share...you will add immensely to the cruise experience ...be forewarned - the more you share the greater the addiction!!

ChefKevin - It sounds as if we will be shipmates on the Dream in a few weeks - perhaps we shall cross paths!!!

Once again - a most hearty Welcome Aboard - May you spend many a thought with us!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 08-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefKevin:
Hello Cruise Chatters,
I just followed the link off John's Blog to here also. So first time here for me too but it's nice to see two familiar people already the Queen of Karaoke LHP, and Zydocruises Lord of the photos. I too am sailing on the CTN on the Dream from NY, i've done a few CTN with carnival they do a good job. Too bad it's not a bloggers cruise but it's the one prior so I get to use everything first still. It's also the first cruise after the ship is christened so that is kinda special
Welcome Czar of the Chefs Kevin!! I hear that John is trying to set up some kind of "meet and greet" at your restaurant in New York!! I bet that would be a hoot!!
Old 08-02-2009, 08:49 AM

Welcome to Cruise Chat from the Moderators ChefKevin!

Feal free to stick around and contribute here at Cruise Chat. We have many members that post on both sites.

I wish I could join you in NYC or even on the 12/3 cruise, but my kids are still in school so the best I could arrange was June.. I'll have to live vicariously through you guys until then..
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-02-2009, 09:25 AM

i will be lucky enough to have John as cruise director on my cruise on the freedom sailing on August the 15th

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It would be like setting up a temperance meeting in a bar...
Yeah. "Okay, before we start the meeting on banning alcoholic drinks, who's buying the first round?"

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, debark, director, dream, head, life, lines, magic, overweight, reviews, ship, time, victory, zydocruisecom