Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 08:00 PM

A few more things I'll mention. The large piece of art sculpture in the lobby/atrium has been replaced with a bar featuring a grand piano. The neon lights going around each deck as you look up from the lobby, well they used to change colors. They have now changed them to a more subdued constant blue.

I was really wanting to check out the new WaterWorks, but it was pouring rain so we instead toured the new spa. It looked so new and upgraded. The lady leading our tour took us through the ladies side and we almost had an Oops! moment. I guess she should have knocked before leading a group through there with 4 males in it.

The bars and lounges have all been upgraded and refurbed. The giant Whiskas cat food can is no longer at the entrance to the Cats Lounge. There is still a giant Salmon can type thing, but again much more subdued than before. Then I guess a giant Whiskas can would clash with the new Promenade Roman type decor.

I had lunch in the Main Dining Room..It was beyond my expectations. Carnival's commitment to food quality and presentation has never been more evident. Of course they did have a head's up that some travel industry folks were coming and it was a private function. I also walked through the Lido Buffet, what a spread they had going in there as well. The people that say they had to eat hamburgers and hotdogs every day must not be looking in the right place is all I can figure.

Sorry my camera was messing up, but they kept detouring us inside to outside and back, hence the condensation lens issue I guess. I'll post a link to the few shots I could get.

Oh, I almost forgot. Someone had mentioned in another cruise line section (I think it was Royal) that they should have people walking through the Purser/Info Desk line to answer common questions. On Embarkation day Carnival has implemented having Staff stationed on each deck to answer questions.

Dwayne
Old 06-23-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
The bars and lounges have all been upgraded and refurbed. The giant Whiskas cat food can is no longer at the entrance to the Cats Lounge. There is still a giant Salmon can type thing, but again much more subdued than before. Then I guess a giant Whiskas can would clash with the new Promenade Roman type decor.
Many of these upgrades had actually been done several years ago. The Lobby bar was added in October 2003, and the Roman look in October 2000. The Fantasy will be going into dry dock again November 26, 2010.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:52 PM

Yes, it has been a long process. I was actually on the ship when they were doing a lot of the Lobby and Promenade work between drydocks. So it has truly been an evolution for me to see it completed. They had part of the Promenade covered in plastic once while the work was going on during a cruise. Having sailed on her through this process makes her more endearing to me. Well, not to mention she is now ported in Charleston!

Dwayne
Old 06-24-2010, 08:12 PM

I keep forgetting things to mention..Should have brought some post-its.

I snagged a Capers..er..Fun Times. Great news you no longer have to take your Life Jackets to the Muster Drill!

Dwayne
Old 06-24-2010, 09:25 PM

Sorry for the triple post, but I forgot something else of interest on the "FunTimes". It says your Muster Station is printed on your Sail & Sign Card. I should cruise more often to keep up with all the changes. I hope having the Fantasy in Charleston will help with that.

Now to plan a better driving route. I-26 was terrible with traffic and crazy drivers. I'm going to give just driving down 17 from here as I used to a test run.

Dwayne
Old 07-03-2010, 12:25 AM

CruiseDad, I found a video of a Fantasy class Grand Suite. This one was on the Ecstasy. Basically the same as the Fantasy, except the Fantasy's looked more upgraded.

Look HERE.

Dwayne
Old 07-03-2010, 03:43 PM

My wife and I have been on Fantasy twice. We really love it. The crew is very nice, everything has always been great. There is a sewer like smell on certain parts of the lido deck, both times. Seems like the second time we cruised on her the smell wasn't quite as bad as the first so maybe it's gone by now. We are looking forward to sailing on her sister Elation at the end of Oct.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:35 PM

Dwayne... you are da man!!! Great inside info for people. I have been on the Fantasy on numerous occassions. (I am upset about the Whiskas can). The Ecstasy was one of my first cruises back in 1994 (when Steve Cassel could barely juggle three balls) and every ship in that class has been marvelous! Awesome that you were able to get a little more intimate with such a great ship. I am looking forward to test driving that grand suite.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:41 AM

The video is a couple of young kids (maybe honeymooners??) who can afford a grand suite? She was not happy with anything in the cabin ... must be a spoiled kid to be on one of the nicest cabins on the ship and complain about it!

That's not the "owners suite" I have heard about though... that one is really nice...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-04-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
That's not the "owners suite" I have heard about though... that one is really nice...
Yes, the Owner's Suites are really nice! Unfortunately I couldn't get access to one that day. I did ask though and was told unfortunately no since they were not on the tour list. The Carnival person said to me "You know we are selling those now." I said yes I've known for a few years.

Yea, the girl in the video seemed not happy, the guy on the other hand seemed very happy. I know I would be happy.

Tags
cabin, carnival, carnivals, class, cruise, deck, fantasy, grand, location, modified, r72, reviews, riviera, room, sensation, suite, u70, video