Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 05:26 PM
My daughter's next contract will be on the Fantasy. I've not sailed on Fantasy Class before. Smaller even than the Spirit Class but still big at 70,000 tons.
So what are the best cabins, anyone cruised lately, It is an old ship but I'm sure it's been upgraded. What's the latest scoop and tips to make my Fantasy Cruise the best.
The Carnival site doesn't let me search cruises by ship anymore, anyone know a site to find it's schedules?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:35 PM
The Fantasy is a gret ship,, Been on her 3 times,twice before she has refurbished.. even though she is smaller than the spirit class she has so much to offer..I have been alot of ships and to me they all have there own personality. and we love the Fantasy..She was my 1st!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-17-2010, 08:12 PM

The Carnival Fantasy is the oldest ship in the fleet. She has been through a multi million dollar refurbishment. I've been on her twice before the refurbs. She started the class of the most successful class of cruise ships ever built. If you want a balcony you'll have to get a suite as they haven't added the new balconies yet. The ship is very easy to navigate as are all Fantasy class ships.

To check the schedules click the "Advanced" option - it will take you HERE. Then choose the month and Charleston.

It just so happens that I'm scheduled to be on the Fantasy this coming Monday for a ship inspection and Luncheon. I'll follow up with a list of cabins I'll have access to and a video of her arriving in Charleston with some of the upgrades on the ship.

CruiseDad, I'm happy to hear that I'll have a chance to meet your daughter as I plan to cruise on the Fantasy as often as I can.

Dwayne
Old 06-17-2010, 08:19 PM

The video.

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
wmode="transparent"
allowScriptAccess="never"
height="412"
width="486"
name="flashObj"
flashvars="videoId=86680702001&playerId=1268748935&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&"
bgcolor="#FFFFFF"
src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/1268748935"
/>

Dwayne
Old 06-17-2010, 08:45 PM

Here's a list of the cabins I'll have access to. If you want me to check out any of them, just let me know.

RIVIERA DECK:
R50 INSIDE, one twin , one upper
R59 & R74 INSIDE, TWIN/KING, TWO UPPERS
R57 & R72 OUT SIDE VIEW, TWIN/KING, TWO UPPERS

UPPER DECK:
U67 & U68 OUT SIDE VIEW, TWIN/KING
U69 & U70 SUITE, LARGE BALCONY, TWIN/KING, DOUBLE SOFA BED

EMPRES DECK:
E80 & E81 INSIDE, TWIN/KING, HANDICAP (MODIFIED CABIN)
E68 & E69 OUT SIDE VIEW, TWIN/KING, HANDICAP (MODIFIED CABIN)

VERANDAH DECK:
V1 & V2 SUITE, BALCONY, TWIN/KING, SINGLE SOFA BED

Dwayne
Old 06-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Here's a list of the cabins I'll have access to. If you want me to check out any of them, just let me know.

RIVIERA DECK:
R50 INSIDE, one twin , one upper
R59 & R74 INSIDE, TWIN/KING, TWO UPPERS
R57 & R72 OUT SIDE VIEW, TWIN/KING, TWO UPPERS

UPPER DECK:
U67 & U68 OUT SIDE VIEW, TWIN/KING
U69 & U70 SUITE, LARGE BALCONY, TWIN/KING, DOUBLE SOFA BED

EMPRES DECK:
E80 & E81 INSIDE, TWIN/KING, HANDICAP (MODIFIED CABIN)
E68 & E69 OUT SIDE VIEW, TWIN/KING, HANDICAP (MODIFIED CABIN)

VERANDAH DECK:
V1 & V2 SUITE, BALCONY, TWIN/KING, SINGLE SOFA BED

Dwayne
Thanks Dwayne, That is some great stuff. I'll be looking forward to the water park. And Charleston year round solves the problem of where is she home porting now.

Definitly give us a close review of the suites I think we are addicted to balcony, and now that Linda will be married we can spend all our money on US!! :-)
Old 06-18-2010, 07:02 PM

I sure will. The reason I said "scheduled" is because if the mechanic doesn't get the part for my car tomorrow I may not get to go.

If so, I'll check out both categories of suites.

Dwayne
Old 06-22-2010, 09:34 PM

I made it and am back.

I went through both categories of suites and have to say I like the Upper Deck 6 (Grand Suites) much better than the Verandah Deck 11 (suites).

The Grand Suites were much more spacious and also had a whirlpool type bath tub, and a walk in closet.

The Suites on Deck 11 Verandah were not all that impressive compared to a regular Balcony Cabin on the newer and bigger ships. It started raining pretty hard while I was in there so I didn't go out on the balcony beyond opening the door for a peak. The Balcony definitely wasn't covered and was much smaller than the Grand Suites.

Not to spread rumors as I don't know beyond my gut instinct, but I think some additional "regular" balcony cabins will be in the Carnival Fantasy's future. I just don't know when. I did ask the Corporate person hosting the inspection about this. They said they doubted it would be during the next scheduled drydock because of the scheduled time frame.

The ship itself has truly been re-born! It was amazing to see the transformation so far of the public areas and cabins. The Promenade deck has been transformed from what used to be a little "tacky" to "classy".

They have raised the center area of both Dining Rooms to afford window views. The forward Celebration dining room is used for the "Your Time Dining", and has had chandeliers and other upgrades. The Jubilee dining room looked basically the same as before with the exception of the raised center floor.

I have to say I was very impressed with what Carnival has done with this ship from the last time I was on her. My camera was acting up from going from inside to outside several times, but I'll get some pics or a link posted in the next few days.

A word about the crew. They all seemed "above average" friendly. I don't know if they were told to because it was Charleston and the people here are that way naturally, or if they were because they were happy to be home ported here.

I'll follow up with more as soon as I can.

Dwayne
Old 06-23-2010, 06:57 AM

Dwayne, I really, really, really want to sail on her now. I've got to find a second job
Old 06-23-2010, 11:14 AM
[quote]Originally posted by IslandCruz:
I made it and am back.

Great report, As soon as my daughter has her contract in hand we will be booking, looks like the Grand Suite will be the choice. A walk in closet WOW

Tags
cabin, carnival, carnivals, class, cruise, deck, fantasy, grand, location, modified, r72, reviews, riviera, room, sensation, suite, u70, video