Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2004, 05:04 PM

My husband and I are going on our second cruise in December to Belize City, Progresso, and Cozumel. Does anyone have any advice on the best excursions? We really want to swim in the ocean & snorkel.

Also, how safe is it to opt. out of the Carnival-lead excursions and go out on your own? We had people on our first cruise that had fun and saved money by choosing non-Carnival excursions, but you always hear horror stories, too.

Thanks for your help!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:04 PM

My husband and I are going on our second cruise in December to Belize City, Progresso, and Cozumel. Does anyone have any advice on the best excursions? We really want to swim in the ocean & snorkel.

Also, how safe is it to opt. out of the Carnival-lead excursions and go out on your own? We had people on our first cruise that had fun and saved money by choosing non-Carnival excursions, but you always hear horror stories, too.

Thanks for your help!
Old 10-12-2004, 05:00 AM

Ashley,
In Belize I would definitely do the Cave Tubing. As for going out on your own, Cozumel is certainly easy to do on your own - maybe grab a cab to Chankanaab. The most important thing you must be aware of when striking out on your own is TIME. It is your responsibility to get back on board on time.
Shelley
Old 10-12-2004, 09:30 AM

Ashley, I agree with Shelley - definitely go Cave Tubing in Belize.

Although it is definitely cheaper to go it alone - as Shelley also said - be very aware of your time. If you are on a ship's excursion and they are running late (for whatever reason) the cruise line will take responsibility for getting you back onboard. If you make your own arrangements, they assume NO responsibility.

There are numerous suggestions for excusions and reviews of each of these ports at our sister site www.PortReviews.com. In particular there is a very good special report on the beaches in Cozumel.
Follow this link: http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com and click on each individual port for more info.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-14-2004, 07:03 PM

Thank you guys so much! The cave tubing looks fun. I was wondering if you could tell me more about it. Are you able to see out the whole time? I don't do very well in the confined spaces!
Old 10-14-2004, 07:55 PM

Ashley, I think I figured it out. I can't help you with Belize. Sounds good. Have fun
Old 10-18-2004, 01:03 AM

The cave tubing is wonderful. There is a part of it that is inside a cave and you cannot see out. It is also very dark in the cave. Also, the walk to get to the river is very long, so where comfortable walking shoes.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread